Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Daly is going  (Read 11114 times)

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Daly is going
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2019, 07:04:00 PM »
Bristol announcing a signing at 7, currently trailering it with "it happened again" couldn't be Daly following Hughes surely despite all the Saracens talk?

Nope, return of Attwood, another good second row off the market though.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2019, 08:12:28 PM »
Article on rugbypass has nice pic of him in Sarracens gear if anyone wants a sneak peak of the future.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2019, 08:53:53 PM »
Is that the rugbypass that said Launch was off to Sale?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

WallyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2019, 03:46:07 PM »
There is plenty of reason to be disappointed in Elliot Daly’s departure at the end of the season. He’s a superb player who we have nurtured from start to departure. A great servant and I like many thank him for his dedication and service.

However, we still have plenty of superb players to make a credible and dangerous starting XV with inbound signings.

It is when you start to look at the full match day 23, more-so in the backs that things start to look a little light.

We currently only have two wings and two fullbacks, with WLR going that leaves one dedicated full-back in Rob Miller. Ok so Marcus Watson can play full-back, but who then do we play on the other wing to Josh Bassett? Looking at ins and outs we have got a healthy look to our forwards, and even a bit of back up at Scrum Half and Fly Half.

Our centres are still proving themselves and with Fekitoa inbound we have a strong core to choose from, and adaptable players like Gopps who can play 10 or 12 (I think he’s superb at 12 with a decent 10 to play outside of!).

We know to date of the loss of three props, two wings, one No.8, one FB and a centre and have announced one centre and two props... So where do we go from here? In my mind it is very much these two  positions (wing and centre) that we are lacking and where our recruitment needs filling, possibly even another Scrum Half. We've plenty of props, back rows who can play strongly at 8 and centres!

One question on alarm bells, we currently have the biggest pool of outgoing players in the premiership to date… a sign that things are bad at Wasps? Not really in my mind, just that we need to look at the inbound to regain the momentum we hit in the run up to the 2017 final!

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2019, 04:18:11 PM »
Zhavani came in as Mullan replacement, so he's already covered.

Tom Willis is looking more physically capable now, so could well be ready to step up. Neal looks like he is more than capable of stepping up at wing or centre, then there's obviously Fekitoa too. Umaga at fullback, 10 or still potentially 12.

We're rumoured to be getting Vellacott still.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2019, 04:20:54 PM »
The Naholo rumour doesn't look like it's dead yet either.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2019, 05:00:38 PM »
The good thing about Fekitoa is that he is already in the NH so will join up for full pre-season.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2019, 05:04:04 PM »
... We're rumoured to be getting Vellacott still.

If Wasps are on form, they will wait till Simmo announces he has signed for (whoever), or that whoever signs him announces that. THEN Wasps will follow with the goods news that ...

I will be sad to see Simmo go. When he is on form, he plays well and works hard, like he did last weekend.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 06:30:49 PM by NellyWellyWaspy »

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2019, 06:22:54 PM »
... We're rumoured to be getting Vellacott still.

If Wasps are on form, they will wait till Simmo announces he has signed for (whoever), or that whoever signs him announces that. THEN Wasps will follow with the goods news that ...

I will be sad t see Simmo go. When he is on form, he plays well and works hard, like he did last weekend.

I like Simmo too, just sad that the traits took him to the Eng fringe seem to have been lost and he has a tendency to be injured. When he plays well he is quality

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2019, 07:05:24 PM »
Saracens have just confirmed a 3 year deal.
It was fine when I left it.....

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2019, 09:50:45 PM »
Is this now it for all the outgoing player rumours?

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2019, 10:12:38 PM »
I suspect not. At least another 4.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2019, 10:42:09 PM »

I wonder how many break clauses in that contract. Elliot does like a break clause, as we know to our cost. And yes I am feeling a tad bitter.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2019, 07:26:52 AM »

I wonder how many break clauses in that contract. Elliot does like a break clause, as we know to our cost. And yes I am feeling a tad bitter.

Whilst I do think it is the best thing for Wasps that he is going based on his mind set and I wish him all the best as a former Wasps great.  The fact that he called on a contract break clause around training facilities and then in his leaving statement said it has nothing to do with training facilities for me, shows a weakness and inability to see a contract through. 

I'm sure Wasps are as guilty for not delivering on promises as Sarries are for turning him; but to sneak out the side door - and for knowledge of it to be pretty much public - is a what is disappointing.

And as for the reply to my earlier question... Another 4? That isn't the reading I needed to get motivated this morning.