Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Something to bear in mind for the start of next season.  (Read 1854 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Something to bear in mind for the start of next season.
« on: February 04, 2019, 09:00:23 PM »
I was mulling on the availabilty of players at the start of next season and dug this out from the RFU site :

From 2019/20, the Premiership will start at least one week later in September for the next three seasons, with the final taking place over the last two weeks of June before the summer tests kick-off in July - the one exception being next year when four rounds of Premiership Rugby Cup are played alongside the Rugby World Cup - starting on September 20 - before the league begins on 20 October.

So JTA (and any other potential SH imports) will get a break after S15 and reasonable preseason.

It will be interesting to see the Heiny schedules for next season. Possibly first pool round in December.

RWC is September 20 until November 2.

Gaz

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Something to bear in mind for the start of next season.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 10:15:30 PM »
It'll be a strange start next year, always is in a WC year. I wonder if we would be brave enough to use the prem Cup as our preseason friendlies?

Our interest in the last World Cup was over so early I was grateful for the conflicting start of the premiership!

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 09:18:57 AM »
We have to qualify for the Heiny Cup first...  :-\

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 10:09:29 AM »
I can see Dai deciding to change the coaching set up at the end of the season knowing that he has an extended preseason for the new set up to bed in their ideas