Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Is Dai the right man to lead the club?  (Read 5915 times)

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Is Dai the right man to lead the club?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 01:37:50 PM »
I miss watching Wade still!

You never know. You might catch him with pads and a helmet sometime in the NFL :)

Well if it doesn't work - I'd hope he come "home"

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 06:13:05 PM »

You never know. You might catch him with pads and a helmet sometime in the NFL :)

I feel like there's some delusion here.
We will never see Wadey again in black and gold

If we do, I'll wear a few and take a pay cut

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2019, 06:38:38 PM »
Yes he seems to be enjoying himself in the USA. From his postings he is even enjoying his training again.
Let me tell you something cucumber

WallyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2019, 12:18:33 PM »
In a word, yes. In more than a word, hell yes!

Look it’s easy to simply say “Wasps are having a bad time, out with the DoR” but it is far more nuanced than that, as has been said (plus I don’t believe the football approach of sack mid-season works at all!). Dai has indeed shown incredible loyalty to the club and the club, by sticking withi him as well when things haven’t been quite going our way, have shown that loyalty back. So we’re having a tough season. Doesn’t mean we are a bad team.

We have all sorts going on, but the question over Dai’s leadership is surely answered by our table finishes the last few seasons rather than how we are looking in the middle of the current season! We are still well in the game for a top four finish. I would argue that the departures we have seen are no bad thing in the long run. If they want to go let them, it means we can sign players who want to play for the club and I believe Dai can and will do that where he has the funds!

He can’t control some of the off field issues (SISU, Training ground, players wanting to depart) but how he responds both the rest of this season and indeed next will, to my mind, prove he is well and truly the man to continue to lead our club.

A great article that I think probably stands for the majority of the supporters. As ever it is the minority who are the most vocal (and footballish to my mind!).

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2019, 02:20:17 PM »
Don't want to sack Dai at all, but as an aside the football club bounce at managerial sackings has been analysed, there is a bounce, generally short term, worth a few points, before results return to what they were, and after a few months the overall effect is negated.
Certainly seems to have worked at Old Trafford, though.
I would still ban mangerial sackings mid season in soccer ⚽ if I could.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 03:13:32 PM »
I suppose I cannot comment too much on the topic, as I am still a relatively new fan, but in the past two seasons I have had a positive impression of Dai and will be more than happy to see him stay. To me, in my biased opinion, is that he comes across as one of the few "good guys" that are at the top of their clubs, compared to the likes of Steve Diamond.

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2019, 05:45:15 PM »
In this discussion I find that people confuse support for respect when weighing up previous conduct/results. I will always respect Dai for the job he did during our relegation battle dark days and the move to Coventry. That does not mean I will have unquestioning support if things go pear shaped.

If it is true that we signed a contract to the 2023 World Cup I doubt we could afford to change things anyway, not that I want to. I agree with others that if things aren't working change the coaches around Dai. It's working wonders for England right now.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 05:48:18 PM by Lwasp »

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2019, 06:24:14 PM »
Timeframe is important in the discussion, I dont believe it's sanity to be having this discussion half way through a single season, especially one that has had so many unplanned influences.

There's reaction, over reaction and batshit crazy...I have read them all.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2019, 07:35:02 PM »
I suppose I cannot comment too much on the topic, as I am still a relatively new fan, but in the past two seasons I have had a positive impression of Dai and will be more than happy to see him stay. To me, in my biased opinion, is that he comes across as one of the few "good guys" that are at the top of their clubs, compared to the likes of Steve Diamond.

You have as much right to an opinion as anyone else who calls themself a fan!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2019, 08:18:58 PM »

You have as much right to an opinion as anyone else who calls themself a fan!

I just wont be as valued as mine  :o :-X

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2019, 09:35:22 PM »

I feel like there's some delusion here.
We will never see Wadey again in black and gold

If we do, I'll wear a few and take a pay cut

Delusion no, not really, just wishful thinking - surely I am allowed that!