Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 4175 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: February 15, 2019, 09:02:36 AM »
Friday but it's game day. Ashton Gate is a tough visit. However, reading the Briz board, they appear to have a bit of an injury list and maybe are particularly light in the second row. Interesting to see how Billy gets on against his old club. I am hoping our season's turn around starts here and am hoping for more than a losing bonus point. Good luck boys.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 09:20:38 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours.

Returning players brings some hope this week. Bristol having their turn for a bit of injury problems by the sound of it. Do teams ever get to play their first choice team?

Whilst there may be some injury or form reasons behind it, but Dai has really put some faith in Billy this season. With the extra time to prepare and with the returnees, maybe, perhaps, possibly, this could be the start of a return to winning ways.

May the best team win, but you know, Come on You Wasps!

Notso

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 09:26:54 AM »
Perhaps Billy over Lima is the fact that Billy knows Pat Lam's approach and some of the weaknesses in the Bristol team, admittedly he has never played with some of the opposition. And, to be fair to Billy he has played well for Wasps when required so I do see some sense in that selection, with Lima coming on later.

I find Bristol a little bit of an enigma, when you look at the team on paper they should do well but seem to struggle and are pretty inconsistent. I suspect it is down to the team not gelling yet, as with all teams that come up from the Championship, they tend to bring in a lot of expensive and allegedly experienced players for the GP but it still takes time for that team cohesion to materialise. The same can be said of Wasps this season as some of the additions like Lima are taking time to settle in, as so much change has taken place either new players or injury driven.

On balance I think Wasps should shade this one, the team is mainly very experienced and has the necessary firepower to overcome Bristol. We need Gaby to turn up, I suspect he is playing for an extension so it is down to him. Campo on the wing is something we haven't seen really, that will also be interesting as the Quins unveiling didn't happen the week - even the lure of free Maserati parking didn't accelerate it.....
It was fine when I left it.....

Jac A

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 09:30:51 AM »
A very good morning to all,

My first good morning thread on either site. A broken arm means that I am off work today and have been enjoying the start of the Super Rugby (with Nanai-Seturo picking me up a few Fantasy Rugby points to make it even better). Also sadly means I wont be driving down to Bristol this evening so will have to content myself with either trying to find a screen or having to spend a Friday evening with the family!

Best wished to all those travelling and good luck to the boys. COYW.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 10:10:11 AM »
Morning All. Busy getting the house tidy (ish), as it normally isn't, as my daughter's BF is staying the weekend. Quickly ticking off the list so I can get on my bike and go for a ride in this glorious weather. What's that? Game day? I am not sure my heart can take watching this on TV. I might just check the score at some point to see how we are doing.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 10:16:13 AM »
I am not sure my heart can take watching this on TV. I might just check the score at some point to see how we are doing.

AFAIK, it's not being broadcast. It's the Glaws v Exe game on tonight.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 10:24:24 AM »
I am not sure my heart can take watching this on TV. I might just check the score at some point to see how we are doing.

I'm sure it'll be available online.

Morning all!

First day of a new block of GP games, let's see how it goes :D.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 10:27:00 AM »
Morning all. Certainly not a foregone conclusion. I might even suggest it is Bristol's to lose! I am glad it's not on telly as I am not sure I could take it ha ha.
Safe travels to anyone going. I will be praying and cursing over the Twitter thread. Hopefully they will do well enough to keep my wine consumption down.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 10:27:49 AM »

I'm sure it'll be available online.

Morning all!

First day of a new block of GP games, let's see how it goes :D.

I'll be watching on RugbyPass. I'm a glutton for punishment.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 10:55:37 AM »
Morning.
Currently at work.
Year ten and eleven Chemistry all day.
Not sure the promise of sun will get my year eleven girls on field this lunchtime, GCSEs can really kill sports this time of year.

Travelling via train and meeting my dad in Bristol for this one. Haven't been to Bristol in years, bar Parkway. Cautiously optimistic. Season defining is over used, but the next four games are exactly that.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2019, 10:59:00 AM »
I'll be streaming B365, cursing the Chromecast as much as the ref no doubt (because it's ok to do that when Sir cannot hear you, right?!)

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2019, 01:28:54 PM »
Just on trainfrom Paddington. Nice blue sky but guess it will be cold later.
My first live game of the season. Sitting with a Bristol STH friend & we won when I was last with him. Hope it’s the same this time. Searle is now playing for us so Hope has a good game.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2019, 02:11:02 PM »
"Morning" all

Would love something to shout about.

Will accept an ugly win.

Safe travels.

Come on .... you Wasps too-loo-rye-aye!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2019, 02:33:50 PM »
Morning.
Currently at work.
Year ten and eleven Chemistry all day.
Not sure the promise of sun will get my year eleven girls on field this lunchtime, GCSEs can really kill sports this time of year.

Travelling via train and meeting my dad in Bristol for this one. Haven't been to Bristol in years, bar Parkway. Cautiously optimistic. Season defining is over used, but the next four games are exactly that.

Two lots of year 10 chemistry for me followed by picking up the year 11 mock papers to mark over half term next week.

Think which WLR turns up will play a big part in defining the rest of our season.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2019, 04:00:59 PM »
Morning all,

Spent the last few days trying to untangle the finances of my elderly mother to ensure the money doesn't get syphoned off by other family members, and attempting to put home care in place.  Not a passtime I'd recommend to be honest.

I hope Wasps can pull something out of the bag to cheer me up tonight, I will try to watch it online on a definitiely not dodgy stream, but we'll see how that works out.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here