Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Open training  (Read 3199 times)

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Open training
« on: February 22, 2019, 09:40:41 AM »
Anyone going today. I have to work unfortunately, but would be interested to read about it.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Open training
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 09:48:32 AM »
My wife has taken my daughter whose 9th birthday it is today with a new shirt to get signed. I am at home with my lad who has broken his leg this week and is saving himself for the game tomorrow.

If there are no better sources on here, Will see what info I can get out of my wife and a massively over excited 9 year old when they get back!

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 10:26:59 AM »
I didn't get the opportunity to go - I'm at work too. I'm a bit gutted really, I have been getting a ball signed over the season to show off in my new house. I'll have to find other ways.  :)

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 10:27:29 AM »
My wife has taken my daughter whose 9th birthday it is today with a new shirt to get signed. I am at home with my lad who has broken his leg this week and is saving himself for the game tomorrow.

If there are no better sources on here, Will see what info I can get out of my wife and a massively over excited 9 year old when they get back!

I hope she has fun!!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 10:30:40 AM »

I hope she has fun!!

I have no doubt she will however I fear the only feedback from her I will be able to give on here will involve Sting and Ashley!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 12:05:00 PM »
Just back from the training. You can see from the teamsheet that Willis was there, along with Alo and Le Bourgeois.

What you can't see is those who were there but not on the teamsheet. Umaga is back, and Neal is fit again.

A lovely sunny morning.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 12:16:51 PM »
Did you get any chance to speak to any?
Let me tell you something cucumber

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 12:18:21 PM »
The players all spent a lot of time signing stuff and Dai as well and he was quite chatty with people.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 12:23:43 PM »
Both of them back, as you might expect had a great morning, daughter with a pretty much fully signed shirt and many happy birthday wishes.
They got a great get well soon message from my lads favourite Lima for his broken leg.
Not much rugby / team news that hasn't already been mentioned apart from Dai saying Thomas isn't happy he has been told he is too ill to play!

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 01:04:43 PM »
Sounds like a good morning, unseasonably good weather as well.

Interesting about Umaga, great news about Jack.

Come on You Wasps!

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 03:12:28 PM »
It was a lovely morning and really well organised by the Club.  Tea/Coffee/Juice in the Legends Lounge beforehand, then out into the West Stand to watch the boys do their Captains Run - Nothing particularly telling in that (other than the line-up for tomorrow as they ran out in their relevant bibs - I think JdJ/Gaby might have been different but that was it) but a nice hour or so basking in the Sun.

Big cheer for Jack Willis as he ran out.  JdJ the noisiest person on the pitch - He seems a real heartbeat of the squad knitting the guys together.

Nice to see Derek, Nick Eastwood and Paul Sackey all in attendance supporting the Club.  I only clocked that Umaga was out there when the players were doing signings and had a moment where I didn’t recognise him until he started his signature with a ‘J’ - Wish I had of paid more attention to him whilst out there.

All the lads very generous with their time and easy going.  Made a big effort.  Special mentions to Dai, Smashley, JdJ, Miller and Lima who were all particularly engaging and chatty.  Lima in particular comes accross as just a hugely down-to-earth, genuine guy and i’ve no doubts he’ll start to shine for us.  He was the last off the pitch (him and Miller kicking) and the last down the tunnel.

After all of the negative press surround the club this is something that probably cost little to nothing in monetary terms but has left a real feel-good factor around the fans who could attend and the team in general.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 03:21:03 PM »
Agree about Lima being a great guy, tweeted thanks to him for the message for my lad and had a lovely reply back. Really hoping he shows his true capabilities consistently for us.