Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Major down turn in fortunes  (Read 1800 times)

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Major down turn in fortunes
« on: February 23, 2019, 09:13:34 PM »
We're obviously nowhere near as electric as we have been in recent seasons and we're struggling to find our identity.
But that doesn't bother me, and it's not what this post is about.

Can someone explain to me what the hell has happened to Newcastle since last season.
I'm sure part of it is that they were punching above their weight a bit last year, but why are they so poor this year?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Major down turn in fortunes
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 09:40:07 PM »
Personnel changes. Players out, players in. Injuries. Players get past their best (getting older). That is rugby. Always has been, always will be.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 11:45:04 PM »
Seemingly small changes have major effects.  We know that as well as most currently.  The difference between success and failure is only small, and it's very easy to get into a rut on the wrong side of the line.  Newcastle and Wasps have both fallen off about the same amount, but thankfully we were starting from a better position.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 08:33:56 AM »
Other teams significantly improved as well, including a strong promoted team, so much more difficult to get on a winning run like Newcastle did last year. They have performed well in Europe with some good wins so they have not totally changed in a season but maybe others have had an up turn in fortune?