Always a Wasp

Author Topic: RP  (Read 2235 times)

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
RP
« on: February 24, 2019, 07:06:49 PM »
Has anyone bought the RP today?
I have the rare pleasure of the English edition (Wales is a terrible place to be if they beat England, it goes to "we will win the grand slam/WC/everything" in sixty seconds, and the reverse when they lose), so if possible I head out with my daughter,  speaking as much Welsh as I can muster to her so she feels at home. It does not really work as the weather is always better - Wales is not Wales unless it rains. Anyway in the English edition, the letters page has a gentleman stating Wasps are after Pockock for 1.4m.
Now even the fissler-vine has not mentioned this, has anyone here heard such a rumour?

« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 07:08:25 PM by westwaleswasp »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: RP
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 07:31:45 PM »
Saw that in TRP but discounted it completely. This was mentioned in one rugby rumour thread last week as a kind of cheap throwaway comment with the stupid amount attached. Remember a year or two back we were rumoured to have talked to him about his year out of Aussie rugby but to no avail.
Fissler is ill so no column this week and it looks like someone trawled the internet for stories. With current AB players being in the £1m bracket and allegedly out of our range I put this rumour into the sh1t category. Also with our back row players inc one signed this week do we need any more.
Let me tell you something cucumber

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 09:22:57 PM »
Figured as much, but if TY was to go, there are few on the planet that could match him. Pocock would be one.
I guess time will tell, but we seem well stocked..
I do hope/expect another back.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 08:32:12 AM »
Didn't the Pocock rumour pop up when George Smith left.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 08:41:43 AM »
His sabbatical was from around Jan 2017 and this generated a rumour.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 09:22:18 AM »
I'd not complain. Another in the Smith mould i feel. Would do our pack wonders.

WallyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 09:51:30 AM »
Huge talent and would largely be a great signing... However I would worry about how fragile he may be following a third concussion (this time after being knocked out inside five minutes of Brumbies game against melbourne!). He's not likely to be playing again soon (missed their game against the Chiefs). Players like that become more of a liability than anything else in my opinion (I’m amazed George North is still playing, for example!).