Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Alo permanent signing  (Read 2207 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Alo permanent signing
« on: March 05, 2019, 12:04:35 PM »
According to the Offy.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Stang

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Alo permanent signing
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 12:49:01 PM »
Really pleased about this. Think he could be awesome given a bit of time in the DY prop factory. Even scrumming against ZZ will be good for him!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 02:02:14 PM »
As I posted in another thread, I was impressed with his 10 minute cameo at Welford Road. With all our injuries, he'll be playing against Falcons this weekend. I wonder if Dai might be prepared to take a gamble and start him? I thought Will Stuart didn't look to keen and didn't (IMO) scrummage well.

Welcome Biyi.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 02:26:11 PM »
I think Stuart has flattered to deceive given the hype. Decent bits in the loose but some poor decision making and scrummaging is ok, also just doesn't seem with it...seems vague.

Alo has trimmed down alot, which shows a good work ethic..fingers crossed.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 02:30:10 PM »
Agree Stuart has been annoying recently with stupid offloads to nobody. His scummaging has been penalised too often for my liking. West looks a better proposition. Alo needs a good time in fitness training but if he can put himself about like his cameo on Saturday then welcome to Wasps.
Let me tell you something cucumber

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 03:34:40 PM »
Agree Stuart has been annoying recently with stupid offloads to nobody. His scummaging has been penalised too often for my liking. West looks a better proposition. Alo needs a good time in fitness training but if he can put himself about like his cameo on Saturday then welcome to Wasps.

I've wondered if this is a result of what Dai has talked about previously about the risks of playing the young guys too much.

Form seems to fluctuate wildly for younger players, and they sometimes get stuck in a rut, and then start trying low percentage plays.
There's also physical attributes that can take a battering at a young age if playing a lot.

I can't compare West and Stuart because while West looked really good when he played he hasn't had the same load that Will Stuart has recently.

It's still a shame that he has felt his future is elsewhere

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 05:04:16 PM »
Have to say from Brosters to the JCWs, Dai has got the front row by and large down to a tee.