Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Players about to appear on the market  (Read 5603 times)

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Players about to appear on the market
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 02:13:33 PM »
Did I miss March and have been time warped forward to 1st April?

Brilliant work by WRU..

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 05:51:14 PM »
However this will probably drive the Welsh international players to prove that Welsh rugby isn't a laughing stock, they will come out guns firing against Scotland and win by a significant amount, regardless of the nonsense that the WRU is engaged in.
It was fine when I left it.....

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2019, 10:51:08 PM »
Our Scottish friends always roll over against the Welsh. One win in a decade, a couple of years ago.
They normally mug someone good at home every couple of years, but unless it is Wales their chance has gone, so they will give their all. It may not be enough.

I think Ireland may beat Wales in Cardiff, not an unhappy hunting ground for them these past twenty years, and three months ago they were sailing to the WC final.

If the Osprey/Scarlet debacle had happened, there are plenty of Welsh players who would have benefited us.
Tom Young does not get a game for Wales ffs. The best 7 in the prem, including current and previous incumbents of the England shirt. Welsh back row is strong throughout the country, even if their props dont match up.

AWJ is not as good as some of his rivals for Lions shirts, but the bastard is a leader and a half. Martin Johnson wasn't the most talented lock either, but he commanded respect and made others better players, and he did the hard stuff. AWJ, like Johnson, showed good manipulation of refs too. They listen. The way AWJ shuts up the mouthing off players near the ref is really impressive- watch him and compare to Farrell. We could do with some of that.

To be honest there are plenty of decent options from both regions, and often, whilst the Biggars, Roberts and Norths of this world disappoint at high profile English clubs, a few on the next rung would have been better bets.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2019, 10:56:23 PM »
A Welsh friend of mine says that AWJ is psycho. In training everyone does their best to avoid being paired against him.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2019, 11:27:43 PM »
He looks it on the pitch!
Let me tell you something cucumber

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2019, 03:27:16 PM »
Is that a complement RossM!!
The WRU does have a habit of shoooting itself in the foot. The obvious merger is Dragons and Cardiff. Rodney Parade is an awful pitch and the Dragons haven’t achieved anything since Newport beat the All  Blacks in the early 1960s. I was there as Max Boyce would say.
Ospreys don’t own their ground which may or may not be a future issue. But they and Scarlets have the best records of the Welsh regions.
Trying to start a team in North Wales is a bit like Scotland trying to do the same in Inverness or Aberdeen.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2019, 03:30:37 PM »
Is there anything in North Wales? or Mid Wales for that matter, other than farmers, sheep, mountains and tourists I mean? Can't see how they would get crowds of more than a few hundred.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2019, 04:59:28 PM »
I can't recall where the proposed new region would be based? Was it Colwyn Bay?

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2019, 11:21:53 AM »
Conwy, based on what I have read about ‘Project Reset’.
It was fine when I left it.....