Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Transcript of Nick Eastwood's words  (Read 10645 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Transcript of Nick Eastwood's words
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2019, 04:44:52 PM »
Extracted from the Coventry Telegraph live reporting:

Sisu offer deal to end stadium row

Within the statement, Sisu have offered a deal to end the stadium row.

In order to end their current legal challenge, they want the following:

“A stadium development supported by the Council in Coventry with enabling development on reasonable terms, and a medium term interim arrangement with Wasps on commercially acceptable terms to stay at the Ricoh Arena until CCFC’s own stadium is complete.”

If only it was all so simple. :o
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2019, 05:28:09 PM »
Commercially acceptable terms? Commercially acceptable to whom???

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2019, 05:31:42 PM »
Commercially acceptable terms? Commercially acceptable to whom???

Indeed. Perhaps Wasps should put the ball back in their court and ask what do you believe are commercially acceptable terms?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Marlovian

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2019, 03:08:42 PM »

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2019, 03:17:22 PM »
Well this is underwhelming.... https://twitter.com/TheSimonGilbert/status/1106191742074867712/photo/1

Great use of time. Maybe someone needed an excuse to get a nice fancy lunch ordered in.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2019, 03:30:16 PM »
Doubt he could have said anything else. He would have been briefed on the entrenched positions before they arrived and one question would tell him nothing had changed. Wonder if Joyless turned up or one of her nodding donkeys.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2019, 05:22:21 PM »
The statement seems to forget that Wasps continued existence is pretty important too.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2019, 05:24:40 PM »
Not to them it ain't!!

Marlovian

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2019, 05:44:09 PM »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2019, 05:53:17 PM »
Glad both sides of the Council combine in this every time. I like this -
"They continue to paint themselves as victims where, in reality, the current situation is a direct consequence of the actions taken by the owners in recent years.

“The arguments about the unlawful actions of others detailed in their letter have been tested numerous times now in the courts and have failed every time."

Can't imagine Wasps will change their stance in the slightest. It would be suicide if they did.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2019, 06:04:16 PM »
I wonder if Les Reid has written an article in the Coventry Observer backing the virtues of SISU's letter

Marlovian

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2019, 08:36:30 AM »
BG, your wish is his command (well almost) - https://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/sports-secretary-calls-for-all-sides-in-ricoh-talks-to-work-together-urgently-to-keep-coventry-city-in-city/.

Blimey.. an almost balanced summation, seems Les has turned his spotlght from Wasps towards CCC now.

It appears 25th April is the next big date for the diary (EFL meeting). Are there any court dates due before that?

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2019, 08:54:14 AM »
I think the supreme court has indicated that a decision over SISUs appeal request will be made before Easter so we should at least know what they say before the 25th.  If this doesn't rule in favour of SISU they will have to step up to the European Court (although I'm not sure how Brexit affects this).

SISU then have a week to decide how to act.

I don't think Coventry Council has done the club a lot of favours over time and it seems that this has all become a very costly battle of egos.  However I back the latest response of the council because they shouldn't be held to ransom by a hedge fund who are threatening the existence of two community sports clubs for who it would be a tragedy if either went out of existence.  This is just a political move by SISU who were talked into investing into a football club (were turned down by Southampton) and upon realising this would never be profitable have acted aggressively against anyone that gets in their way.  They have tried to bully CCC through courts and have dragged Wasps into the process but it seems that they are running out of options.  What they are now doing, and have done before, is rely on the sentimental value of the football club by threatening liquidation to cause anger against CCC and Wasps.  If you look at SBT this has some followers but fortunately only a restricted number.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2019, 12:26:10 PM »
Over to you SISU - https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/sisu-ricoh-row-city-council-15976102.

I hope Wasps stand firm.

Interestingly there is a poll on that web page asking if you think the terms set out by SISU are reasonable .. at the moment 58% think not..

You would expect that most people browsing to that page and voting have an interest in CCFC and what's happening and even the majority (if a slender one) think SISU are barking up the wrong tree