Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning  (Read 3172 times)

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning
« on: March 09, 2019, 07:56:01 AM »
And in a copy of one of the better traditions of DW, a good morning to you all from wet west Wales.
Expecting a win today, if we don't we are in it big time.....

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Morning
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 08:35:52 AM »
Am I going to trust the so-called weather forecast from the BBC? No. It says, where I am sat down the road from the Ricoh, that it should be raining. Bright blue skies, with barely a cloud, but breezy.

BG, myself and my dad should be heading off for the early KO. A win today, or very little chance of top 4 (if we can even do that).

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 08:44:09 AM »
Morning all, in sole control of taking the children today with the wife away, so if  you see a young lad on crutches or a young girl pursuing Ashley or Sting then would be grateful if you return them to me in block 17 please (after the game finishes would be fine!!).
Important one today, need to be positive throughout on and off the pitch, safe travels all.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 08:49:07 AM by Chunky24 »

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 08:45:24 AM »
Morning from near J18 of the M4 - windy as anything and its been wet this morning.

Following the game on Cov Tele feed, everything crossed for a result

Weather update -wind dropping slightly - nice and sunny now - pleasant outside with the hound...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 11:42:54 AM by mike909 »

BlackCountryWasp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 08:50:50 AM »
Morning all. Damp in Halesowen but the rain has stopped. Heading over as usual and being joined by some work colleagues who I took up the ticket offer for.

Big game today, we need 4 or 5 today to try and keep the top 6 challenge alive, let alone top 4. Expecting a Budgies team who will give it everything so we'll have to work for this one. Hoping that Alo gets on and gets a try to make up for the injustice of last week.

Mon the Wasps!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 08:56:17 AM »
Morning from Hampshire.

Usual taxi service today, but I have made sure there is a window with no jobs for a couple of hours this afternoon so I can at least follow the game.

We should win this, and we really need to. But I'm still not confident.

Teams at the top of the game find a way to win however they are playing. We seem to always find a way to lose however improved we look on the field.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 09:11:20 AM »
Morning all

Bit of a lie-in this morning, as got home late from a week working in Dublin.

Critical to get a win today. I’ll be tuning-in via my son’s technology. I don’t know what he does but he assures me it’s legal and it works.

Safe travels to all and bon weekend.

Come on ... you Wasps too-loo-rye-aye!

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 09:14:15 AM »
Morning all, another game I'll be missing due to playing myself. Off to Portsmouth for the game, then hanging around to watch England Italy in their clubroom.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 09:26:47 AM »
Am I going to trust the so-called weather forecast from the BBC? No. It says, where I am sat down the road from the Ricoh, that it should be raining. Bright blue skies, with barely a cloud, but breezy.

BG, myself and my dad should be heading off for the early KO. A win today, or very little chance of top 4 (if we can even do that).

Wind and Rain arriving in Cov now.

And gone again!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 10:01:41 AM by Chunky24 »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 09:33:13 AM »
Morning all. Dog walked and just having a cup of tea then start travelling.  After Sarries did everyone but us a favour last night I hope that we can pull this out the bag but I have strong doubts. Falcons will be up after last week and we continued losing so not at all confident. Two weeks ago lost my voice from shouting at officials and expect the same today.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2019, 09:41:55 AM »
Good morning all from central Wiltshire. Just finished breakfast and about to leave - travelling in hope rather than expectation. Here’s hoping for a massive home win with try bonus points and no injuries!
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2019, 10:09:39 AM »
I think top 4 is going to be beyond us. Top 6 vital, for attracting players, crowds and the like.
If the Challenge cup was properly contested and managed it would be fine, it has sadly fallen victim to time and lost much of its lustre.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 10:25:59 AM »
Good morning everyone. If the players are as p*ssed off as I was last weekend by Doyle's bizarre performance then we'll walk this one  >:(

Yes, Newcastle won last week but a) they were at home and b) Wuss were awful and c) the Ricoh isn't the same as their plastic pitch. I don't think we'll walk it but I am hoping for a 5 pointer. What Budgies get out of the game does not concern me.

I'm looking forward to Marcus tearing it up against his old club. Good luck to all Wasps everywhere.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2019, 11:30:35 AM »

Wind and Rain arriving in Cov now.

And gone again!

Now gone grey again, looks like rain coming.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2019, 11:38:51 AM »
Typical English weather - sunny intervals and showers  :)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!