Always a Wasp

Author Topic: That was Disappointing.  (Read 4004 times)

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: That was Disappointing.
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2019, 09:02:37 AM »
Well it went ok for the fella in the crowd  that caught the ball three times!

Feel for the team at the minute, so many decent breaks, but only turned into penalty opportunities at best. It often feels like they do the hard work and then come unstuck. If Watson's foot were a few inches to the left...

Miller's place kicking was great and he was not just kicking easy ones, have now seen Miller have at least a couple of 100% games, not bad kicking for a 4th choice fly half. He was also brave taking at least one very big hit with a late pass towards the end of the first half, I thought they were about to score, but they sadly gave away a penalty (missed what for?). A couple of times Miller tried to get the ball to WLR, but WLR was already being targeted so he had no time to do anything. Those times there weren't really any other options for Miller, that's where I wonder if someone like Robson inside or Gopperth outside Miller may have  just tipped the balance in our favour creating a few more options on occasion. Simpson doesn't seem to dart forward much anymore, I wonder why?

When the Wilson appointment fell through I thought not rushing to replace was the right thing, if the rumours about Shaun Edwards are true then it could turn out to have been a great decision, but may have had a short term cost.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2019, 09:47:14 AM »
I suppose on a Sunday morning, pre coffee, I'm searching for a little perspective...Wasps do not have a right to be a top 4 team and looking up and down the table, its revealing how quickly things can turn around and go off the boil

Any team sport is a balance between the individual and the collective (in my experience) and sometimes for reasons that even Sir Alex Ferguson struggled with, it just doesn't work. And alternatively, a team that is greater than the sum of the parts merges - as a long time (since 1970) Fulham FC fan, we got to a Euro final and beat Juve 4-0...but you can't programme that to happen

We've been a little unlucky and also the architect of our own demise in our recruitment policies and have also had to face the fact that the move to Coventry will have been disruptive in many ways. But lets look forwards, it has been a "connector" season between a team that however badly playing had Danny and Wade and Daly all at top form, players who excited and could win a game in a trice and whatever the next couple of seasons bring

Its likely that new coaching will be forthcoming - and as I expect we've all found in our team sports - change if needed to keep things fresh. For whatever reasons teams and coaches don't work. You can see that with Eddie Jones - I am no fan, but he was brilliant with the Brumbies, good with Aus, then lost the coaching plot for a period with both the Aus team and the Reds. This time last season, many, myself included, thought that Dean Richards was doing really well...

It is time for senior players to show leadership - the return of a few from England and/or injury ought to improve matters - but I think we'll be waiting on next season for a new view of the Wasps world.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 09:58:24 AM »
If Wilie had done that from the penalty, I doubt that we would have lost.

Really didn't understand why it was necessary to take it so quickly.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!