Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Dai Post Match Transcript.  (Read 1751 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Dai Post Match Transcript.
« on: March 10, 2019, 10:51:51 AM »
Jacob Leeks, Bobby Bridge and Matty Perry:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/dai-young-reaction-wasps-newcastle-15948125

Fair enough. Dai will praise individual players but won't blame individuals. I bet he's seriously p*ssed off with Will Rowlands though. I think Dai made a mistake by not bringing Charlie Matthews on when Rowlands' yellow was up. Apart from anything else, he was risking a second yellow and then we'd have been down to 14 for the remainder of the game.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Dai Post Match Transcript.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 12:09:32 PM »
Sadly, this season could yet get worse, and probably will, given who we face of these next five games. It is all very well praising individuals, but that was not a team out there on Saturday. It looked more like a bring yer boots game.

There will need to be a serious reset over the Summer. I cannot see it happening before then. I do wonder if we can survive to be IN the Premiership next year, I think we can. Dai's talk of top 4 or 6 is total tosh. It is all about survival right now.

And, yes, I HAVE already renewed my ST.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 12:42:09 PM »
I don't think we're going to get relegated. But I also don't think we're gonna finish in the top half of the table.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 12:50:14 PM »
I’m hoping our internationals make the difference. Always the optimist, but when we’ve had Dan and Launch we’ve looked hugely improved.

Benefits of our run in means each game we can gain 4 and stop our rivals from gaining 4: The ‘8-pointer’

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 01:14:57 PM »
Win one remaining game, grab a bpt or two and we should be safe.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 02:02:22 PM »
It will be nice to visit some different places in the Challenge Cup - maybe not Russia or Romania please.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Mrs. Peter Quinn

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 02:40:53 PM »
I don't agree with Dai saying we are lacking X factor and acknowledging we miss our internationals. Even to do so is to ignore the fact that we are still not getting anywhere near enough out of the players we do have available - on paper we still have a good squad.

Besides you look at the likes of Willie Or Roux yesterday and especially in the first half he was trying all sorts of stuff which was actually our undoing - crazy flicks, kicks and risky passes - when holding onto the ball would probably have led to opportunities to score.