Always a Wasp

Author Topic: What's changed?  (Read 7484 times)

Jac A

Re: What's changed?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2019, 02:00:33 PM »
Jac A. don't forget Sione Vailanu. He's quite a unit. He presumably is a direct replacement for Nathan: he's 3 years younger and weighs a stone less but he is 4 inches shorter, so more compact. I know he didn't get much game time with the estate agents but I wouldn't hold that against him :)

I am really looking forward to seeing Matteo Minozzi play. He could be terrific. Hope he recovers fully from his nasty injury.

Don't worry, I haven't, but I'm expecting him to be away for the RWC with Tonga and so have a delayed start and less pre-season time so I'd be expecting him to come into the team as the campaign continues. Minozzi too, I think he's a great signing but fingers crossed he comes back strongly.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2019, 02:02:26 PM »
Apologies. Forgot about Tonga :(
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2019, 02:20:37 PM »
Thanks Jac A, excellent essay, well worth several reads.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2019, 07:11:46 PM »
Thanks Jac A

Nice write up - I think you got the key points that I wanted to express but failed to pull together. The two key areas are the loss of the players that facilitated the exciting Wasps way of playing that was so easy on the eye, all the way from from Wade and Varndell (I so loved their combined threat, ball in hand, esp in open play) through Danny making everyone play to standards - you can see the effect on Glaws' backs, 12T especially.

That combined with the injuries and leavers pre this season - which at times has been a perfect storm.

Way forwards - a pragmatic view of the rest of the season would be good. Next season probably is so influenced by "behind the scenes stuff we can't know" that I for one would be guessing. I do hope Jimmy gets some gametime and we play Jacob, without pressure, and the internationals still fancy the rest of the season.