Always a Wasp

Author Topic: agents-poll-the-best-and-worst-destination  (Read 4342 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: agents-poll-the-best-and-worst-destination
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 04:09:09 PM »
Agent's vote for the clubs that pay the most shocker!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

egg shaped man

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2019, 04:29:18 PM »
Why is this poll a surprise ?  Which teams seem happy to be playing as a team, congratulate each other, want to win, not just for themselves but for the team !! Why wouldn't you want to go and work in that environment.  Plus all the other good things.

Then look at us !  Would you want to work in our environment ?

Agents are just recruitment agents in a different world, they do enough polls on which companies are the best to work in why not look at the rugby world.

Until our players start to enjoy what they are doing and who they are working for and we see that on the pitch we are not going to be placed very highly.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 07:09:18 PM »
Likewise I have a very close friend who is a Sarries Platinum STH which means he is paying over £1K for watching expensive men running around on plastic. He can see no wrong in what they do as it wholly for the benefit of English Rugby and they should be thanked! We do not talk about club rugby!

It's a reasonable argument.
If there's a greater good being achieved, then it potentially makes it acceptable.

However, we're currently 4th in the world rankings and went out of the last world cup in the group stage.

If that's all with the benefits that Saracens' antics bring, maybe we should see how things are without them.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2019, 08:45:58 AM »
I think most "rugby" people could have given the findings of the poll without the poll actually taking place.

I wonder if the agents were answering from a personal perspective (i.e. dealing with a club) or from their players' perspective (payment, environment etc). Either way its no surprise that the top performing teams came out on top.

Wasps probably suffer as a result of what's happened in the last 6 or 7 yrs. Almost facing extinction at Adams Park, relocating to another area (and sorry to the various Coventrians on here .. but Coventry doesn't exactly conjure up a cosmopolitan lifestyle - that being said, most players live in Leamington/Warwick) and finally.. not having a training base that can be  considered their "home".

As to an earlier comment about Sarries not dealing with agents - I doubt that very much. Wasn't Itoje's agent banned for a year or two from acting on behalf of players.

I wonder who the agents are as well? Are they single entities or part of larger managemet companies who manage other sports people?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 09:11:41 AM by BG »