Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 2667 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: March 23, 2019, 07:39:07 AM »
Good Morning Everyone!

It's dry but overcast down here in Hampshire, and I have the usual day ferrying children around planned.  I'm not sure if I'm even going to try and watch the game as I can't see us getting anything out of it.

There is a bit of me that thinks we might surprise everyone, after all out internationals are back (and Daly), and we are going in to this as the clear underdog so there is no pressure from expectation.  However that bit of me has been proven wrong pretty much every game so far this season.  So I'm gonna say we're in for a fairly depressing stuffing.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 08:05:38 AM »
BG said he was going to this game. Bryan, enjoy if you are there!!

As you say, a grey spring morning. No expectations from me. On paper, this doesn't look so good for us. I would have preferred to see Josh on the field, but if Gaby gets crocked (not that I am wishing that), I guess Josh would come on Juan would go to inside centre and Elliott would move to outside centre.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 08:15:04 AM »
BG said he was going to this game. Bryan, enjoy if you are there!!

As you say, a grey spring morning. No expectations from me. On paper, this doesn't look so good for us. I would have preferred to see Josh on the field, but if Gaby gets crocked (not that I am wishing that), I guess Josh would come on Juan would go to inside centre and Elliott would move to outside centre.

It feels odd to hold on to optimisim right now, but I still think Gaby has more potential than he has shown for some time. If we're hoping to turn something round, maybe some of the players we have who have struggled to show their class can finally manage to do something impressive.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 08:32:17 AM »
Morning!

I'm a gonna to be marching in London today.  Haven't marched since Save the Whale in the early-eighties.  Still, got to stand-up for your principles, otherwise where would we all be?  I'll check-in on the score from time to time. 

Come on .... you Wasps too-loo-rye-aye!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 09:15:00 AM »
Morning all, I am hopeful for this, although I have never seen better than a draw in the match, which I often go to as it is easy....
If nothing else the atmosphere will be noisy....

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 09:22:49 AM »
Morning!

I'm a gonna to be marching in London today.  Haven't marched since Save the Whale in the early-eighties.  Still, got to stand-up for your principles, otherwise where would we all be?  I'll check-in on the score from time to time. 

Come on .... you Wasps too-loo-rye-aye!
Good man.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 09:31:36 AM »
Morning all. No hope for any points today. For my health I will not try to monitor on Twitter. Good luck to all travellers and enjoy yourselves with,as my Cornish Pirates friends call them, the fake west country donkeys.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 09:33:08 AM »
Morning all, once again I've got my own game to be attending, so won't be watching this. Sadly, it's almost more of a relief than a pain at the moment. Though I'm forever hopeful that'll turn around, and I'll watch it after the fact on the prem website :D.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 09:51:25 AM »
Good morning all. Grey so far in Hastings. It hasn't rained but my joints tell me it's very damp! I'll be  watching the game more in hope than expectation. I'm always a bit torn when we play Glaws as they have been my second team for many years. I hope all our returning internationals actually turn up. I'm not bothered that Josh is on the bench as I've been saying for some time now that he looks like he could do with a bit of a breather.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 02:01:56 PM »
Afternoon all, best wishes to you and yours. A few jobs including first cut of the lawn completed. Dog walk and coffee done, which just leaves the job of moving the sofa so I have plenty of space behind it to watch the game from! Looks like a Bet365 day.

I am trying not to expect too much today, but with the returnees I cannot help feel all is not lost. One day it's going to click and we will be in for a treat.

Here's to a great game, safe travels. May the best team, but of course, Come on You Wasps.

Notso

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 02:56:31 PM »
Afternoon all

Doing some work from home in between baking a spiced banana cake and doing lunches and coffees for the wife who is properly working from home today.

Grey, high cloud just north of J18 of the M4 - sadly couldn't get to the game  - love going to Glaws and the ground - last place I spoke to Christian Wade as it happens!

I'm hoping the England returnees will show more spirit than the Tigers' ones last night who looked a little lost - but I'm guessing Brad and Hughes will just be pleased to get some game time back at the ranch.

Would it be wrong to hope for a losing bonus point?