Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 2480 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP
« on: March 24, 2019, 07:56:11 AM »
Says have Dillyn Leyds and are interested in speaking to Mark Wilson if Falcons go down as are Bath.
Let me tell you something cucumber

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 08:01:22 AM »
That is Fissler, who is pretty accurate in the main. Wilson who is an England first pick, will have to move, he would be a tremendous acquisition.
It was fine when I left it.....

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 08:24:46 AM »
Got to respect that Fissler, he's saying we are interested in Mark Wilson. I would think most clubs would be interested in him should Budgies go down! However, I don't believe we would be one of them. We're already pretty well stocked in the back row and I don't think we'd be keen on an expensive acquisition who will be away with England a lot.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 08:41:32 AM »

We have good back row options, but our front runners are Carr, Willis, Shields, Young, Ash
With the likes of Rieder, Morris, Vailanu, Willis T. next in line

I think Wilson would be a good acquisition given his versatility and I think he strengthen our front line options, particularly if Thomas Young leaves after the world cup.

That being said, it would be frustrating to lose Young, Willis, Shields and Wilson during the international periods.... However is that any worse than how we're hit at the moment with Hughes in the squad?

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 10:00:33 AM »
Young Young isn't being picked for Wales and I can't see that changing whilst he's employed by Wasps.

I also can't see Shields and Willis being in the England squad at the same time.
Isn't Morris going back to the Championship?

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 10:16:51 AM »
Maybe Fissler meant Newcastle were interested in our back row in case we go down.....

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 10:32:21 AM »
Young Young isn't being picked for Wales and I can't see that changing whilst he's employed by Wasps.

I also can't see Shields and Willis being in the England squad at the same time.
Isn't Morris going back to the Championship?

Atkinson is going back. Think Morris is a keeper.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 10:39:19 AM »

I don't his non selection for Wales has much to do with where he plays his rugby but more to do with Wales' depth in quality back row players.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 12:32:36 PM »
Wilson has really grabbed his chance with both hands for England but I wouldn't sign him.. it would be another player away with England potentially for 1/4 of the season. I think Sale would snap him up.

Wilson's predicament also highlights something that the doomsayers have missed.. Newcastle's position at the end of last season compared to now.

Everyone was lauding Richards and Walder last season.

Ackermann has done wonders at Glaws but he's not the DoR.. Humphries is and from what've read Walder does most of the day to day coaching at the Falcon's.

Dai should be a facilitater (sorry.. a bit of an Americanism there). I personally don't think, or expect him, to be the tactical guru.

That should be down to Blackett and Costello, Dai has enough on his plate juggling EPS, EQP and for all we know, probably PPI payments

Employees will always want to try harder when a new boss (line manager) comes in.

FIFO is a term for stock control (First In, First Out) but it can be used for HR.. (Fit In or F$%k Off)

Its noticeable that both Saints and Glaws have been revitalised by new coaches coming in with fresh ideas.. they might be useless ideas.. but at least they are new.

We just have to hope something clicks soon

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 12:44:54 PM »
The one area where we do not need a new player is the back row. Wilson has made a big impression as an international but he can find a home somewhere else if Newcastle are relegated. And let's not assume that that will happen.