Always a Wasp

Author Topic: The Glaws game  (Read 14769 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: The Glaws game
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2019, 05:58:11 PM »
Yes I do believe it because it’s come from a current player plus I don’t rate Dai

Ah, a current player - just one. In your previous post you said "a lot of the players don’t like Dai’s management". And you don't rate Dai. So that's actually just two of you then. And you've studiously ignored my point about the previous 4 seasons' results. As for the anonymous 'current player', it's OK to dislike your boss. Happens a lot. Presumably he's leaving then?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2019, 06:03:15 PM »
Not sure why we weren't kicking to corner when they were down to 14.

Just a reflection of the lack of faith in themselves and poor on field decision making. When we were one man up, would YOU kick the ball away to them? No? We did. Our defense was much poorer today, when compared to the Falcons game. Regular gaps in midfield that they simply ran through, and we rarely held them to the gain line, whereas they pushed us back regularly.

Wasps were going through the numbers, but simply did not look committed or believe they could win. Too many out there know we are likely not in either European cups next year, and unlikely to go down, plus how many of them are leaving? Daly, Simpson, WLR, Hughes, JCW, Stuart ... and we don't know about Watson or Lovobalavu either. Only two of the starting backs are so far known to be staying with us. Two out of seven does not make a motivated attack or defense.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 06:09:26 PM by NellyWellyWaspy »

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2019, 06:10:21 PM »
Yes I do believe it because it’s come from a current player plus I don’t rate Dai

Ross the extremely top player has said players don’t like dai’s management. A question was asked I answered it. Believe whatever you like I don’t care but something is clearly wrong. Also if you read my previous post I say we had 3 good seasons but we won nothing.

It’s my opinion I don’t care if you like it or not. I don’t like Dai and the longer we keep him the worst things will get imo

Ah, a current player - just one. In your previous post you said "a lot of the players don’t like Dai’s management". And you don't rate Dai. So that's actually just two of you then. And you've studiously ignored my point about the previous 4 seasons' results. As for the anonymous 'current player', it's OK to dislike your boss. Happens a lot. Presumably he's leaving then?

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2019, 06:20:53 PM »
Start with a positive. I think we are just about safe from relegation this year, but we have a difficult run in so we need to get some points from somewhere.

This season is becoming very uncomfortable. We just don’t seem to have it in us to grind out a win. Many of our players were rightly lauded in previous seasons. This season they are just poor. Love Dai as a bloke, but this bad run is exposing a few cracks in his skill set . It shouldn’t be that difficult to regroup and tighten up, make it difficult for anyone playing against us. My feeling is that nobody fears us these days and that has to be a worry.

Anyways, here’s looking forward to our next win !

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2019, 06:44:35 PM »

Ross the extremely top player has said players don’t like dai’s management. A question was asked I answered it. Believe whatever you like I don’t care but something is clearly wrong. Also if you read my previous post I say we had 3 good seasons but we won nothing.

It’s my opinion I don’t care if you like it or not. I don’t like Dai and the longer we keep him the worst things will get imo

Whether you take any notice of the points I raise with you really doesn't bother me.  This is a sports message forum and my posts are not directed at you personally. On the whole I take hearsay evidence with a very big pinch of salt. In your case you like what you hear because it reinforces your own views. This is human nature.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2019, 07:18:00 PM »
I just don’t think Dai prepares the team as well as I believe a top DOR should.

We have been poor in defence for years and Dai doesn’t know how to sort it.

Too many times we start a game flat or after halftime it’s too flat, why does this happen to often.

He has done well for 3 seasons but couldn’t get us over the line. I just don’t think he can get us to the next level
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 08:23:34 PM by Westy68 »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2019, 07:26:58 PM »
Sought ? Sort surely.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2019, 07:42:15 PM »
Let's not turn this thread into the sort of argument that saw people leave DW.

Some people think Dai is the problem, some don't. 1 poor season does not a terrible DOR make in my opinion.

Now who can honestly say they expected to see us win today? Because unless you genuinely thought we'd win it is ridiculous to slate the team for losing.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2019, 07:46:03 PM »
Sought ? Sort surely.

You are right I’m sorry

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2019, 07:49:47 PM »
Let's not turn this thread into the sort of argument that saw people leave DW.

Some people think Dai is the problem, some don't. 1 poor season does not a terrible DOR make in my opinion.

Now who can honestly say they expected to see us win today? Because unless you genuinely thought we'd win it is ridiculous to slate the team for losing.

I don't think it's a question of a poor season.

We've been shipping points for several years, it's just that we had the scoring prowess to make it less than critical. We've lost that scoring prowess and not, it would seem, done much to arrest the defensive problems. And it's biting us on the bum (and everywhere else that would be painful).

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2019, 07:55:23 PM »
I think its entirely within logic to not expect to win, but expect a level of commitment and performance, no?

In business - my area of experience - I've seen teams both improve and worsen in quite short order. I know nothing about what happens at Wasps - I have no axe to grind - but like financial instruments, past performance is no guarantee of future performance and leaders often, through no specific fault, sometime get to the end of their journey - presumably, ditto for players.

Having entrenched positions are not informative, but I don't think it illogical to consider a wide range of issues that might be a problem.

Again - its only a view from the stands - but its certainly not the same feel of the team as it was - and that's as likely down to the changes (past and future) in personnel (players) as anything else.

However, we've gone from looking like everyone wants to play for the team to looking like everyone just wants to get to their summer hols in one piece. We've been v unlucky with injuries, call ups and everything, but that doesn't for me, explain everything

But I'll happily admit I know little of the realities of being a rugby pro these days

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2019, 08:07:14 PM »
I was chatting to someone senior in the Rugby world this morning and they pointed out an interesting fact to me.

When we finished first and got to the final we had a squad availability rate of 75%. Basically our entire squad minus internationals and injuries.

This season so far that has been a fraction over 50%.

I'm not attempting to put any form of blame in the direction of any person or group of people, but let's be realistic about where we are. Regardless of players' form or motivation it has been impossible to build any substantial run of games in pretty much any position at all.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2019, 08:14:07 PM »

I'm not attempting to put any form of blame in the direction of any person or group of people, but let's be realistic about where we are. Regardless of players' form or motivation it has been impossible to build any substantial run of games in pretty much any position at all.

I think we've hopefully been realistic about player availability - I think its probably at least reasonable to ask about form and motivation, no?

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2019, 08:19:51 PM »

I think we've hopefully been realistic about player availability - I think its probably at least reasonable to ask about form and motivation, no?

Maybe, but it seems to me that because we've all accepted the injury situation and we're still losing people are starting to look for other reasons for the slump when the main reason hasn't actually gone away.

The fact is we are playing with half a squad.  Is it any surprise that those who are left, who are losing, and being publically slated everywhere for constantly losing, are not fully motivated?

I know for a fact that certain people at the club read this forum and DW on a regular basis, do you think what we write here doesn't affect the people reading it?

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2019, 08:33:37 PM »

Maybe, but it seems to me that because we've all accepted the injury situation and we're still losing people are starting to look for other reasons for the slump when the main reason hasn't actually gone away.

The fact is we are playing with half a squad.  Is it any surprise that those who are left, who are losing, and being publically slated everywhere for constantly losing, are not fully motivated?

I know for a fact that certain people at the club read this forum and DW on a regular basis, do you think what we write here doesn't affect the people reading it?

VV do you think it would effect you if you were a player?

What is true is it is a disappointing season