Always a Wasp

Author Topic: They are coming back ....  (Read 4489 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
They are coming back ....
« on: March 24, 2019, 08:33:20 AM »
Ready and available for the Warriors game:

Lima Sopoaga
Jack Willis
Thomas Young
Alex Reider
Simon McIntyre

Tommy Taylor had a back spasm to rule him out yesterday, so he should be OK as well.

Dan Robson is having tests for another 2-3 weeks.

No sign yet of Jimmy Gopperth or Marcus Garratt

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: They are coming back ....
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 09:02:41 AM »
Very sadly, I doubt very much if we will see Dobby again this season.

Is there any news of Kieran Brookes?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 09:14:39 AM »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 09:17:50 AM »
We desperately need Jimmy's calm and intelligent playing to control matters. He was said to be targeting Worcs/Exeter so hopefully soon - please!
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 09:23:32 AM »
Nice to see some coming back, but if we see Dobby again this year I'll be amazed.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 09:30:13 AM »
Nice to see some coming back, but if we see Dobby again this year I'll be amazed.

VV. Do you mean this season or do you actually mean this year? I.e. not until 2020?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 09:38:01 AM »
I will be surprised if we see Robson again this season.

Can’t wait to see Gopperth back, my only concern is we can’t expect a great deal from him. It’s going to take a few games to get match fit. Saying that I still think he will be a lot better then what we currently have.

The back row is going to be interesting, I personally would have Willis ahead of shields. I will be disappointed to see Willis on the bench, especially against Worcester

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 09:47:31 AM »

VV. Do you mean this season or do you actually mean this year? I.e. not until 2020?
Ah yes, when I wrote it I meant this season, but to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if his career was over.  A DVT can be a very serious issue, and if it arose spontaneously I can't see him coming back being worth the associated risks.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 10:15:16 AM »
Jimmy is the one player above all the rest, who has been sadly missed all this season. Our game management has been cr@p without him. He would have been a huge bonus for the Wuss match.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 10:37:04 AM »

Ah yes, when I wrote it I meant this season, but to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if his career was over.  A DVT can be a very serious issue, and if it arose spontaneously I can't see him coming back being worth the associated risks.

This completely. The words coming from the club will always tend towards the hopeful upbeat but they were with Jones. I suspect this will be a very long timeframe plus unlike most other injuries he cannot exercise at all (pro rugby standard). He will be stuck with walking his dogs. If ever clear he will have a full muscle set to regain.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 10:47:31 AM »
So very, very sad.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 11:31:16 AM »
So very, very sad.

Agreed, DVT can be a very serious condition and in Robson's case will not have been for the main reasons us lazy, fat, non exercising people might be at risk

Looking at the online info - I'd be surprised and glad - if we saw him back at all.

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 12:53:21 PM »
I wonder if the medical view of DVT has changed. I picked up a DVT after breaking my ankle and not being able to put any weight on that foot for 6 weeks. Have been prescribed anti-coagulant pills for 3 months and the medics do not want to see me after that period as they consider it will be sorted.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2019, 12:55:27 PM »
I wonder if the medical view of DVT has changed. I picked up a DVT after breaking my ankle and not being able to put any weight on that foot for 6 weeks. Have been prescribed anti-coagulant pills for 3 months and the medics do not want to see me after that period as they consider it will be sorted.

No, but yours was clearly post traumatic.  It was a direct consequence of an injury and the treatment thereof.  Dobby's was not.  It arose spontaneously and so there is no way of knowing whether it will happen again.  If a reason can be found then great, that can be addressed.  If not then it becomes a long term issue.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 01:00:40 PM »

No, but yours was clearly post traumatic.  It was a direct consequence of an injury and the treatment thereof.  Dobby's was not.  It arose spontaneously and so there is no way of knowing whether it will happen again.  If a reason can be found then great, that can be addressed.  If not then it becomes a long term issue.

Well Dobby did have ankle (I think) surgery last autumn. So it may not be that spontaneous. Am I just clutching at straws here?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!