Always a Wasp

Author Topic: A League - Northampton v Wasps  (Read 5082 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: A League - Northampton v Wasps
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2019, 07:22:34 PM »

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2019, 07:29:48 PM »
Great break from spink down the centre there too, hint of the Daly’s there back when people liked him more.

Not sure about the huge hyperbole bobby bridge put into Myall’s contribution leading to Sirker’s first try. Looks like he just ran a while, drew the man and passed the ball to the faster guy.
Umaga pulling the strings made the back line look the most fluid it has all season I think (of course from my ltd viewing)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2019, 07:33:47 PM »
Not sure about the huge hyperbole bobby bridge put into Myall’s contribution leading to Sirker’s first try. Looks like he just ran a while, drew the man and passed the ball to the faster guy.
We'd be in the top four if one or two others in the squad did that from time to time.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2019, 07:35:39 PM »
That is true, should have mentioned that he managed to catch the ball first and did knock it on either

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2019, 07:41:18 PM »
We'd be in the top four if one or two others in the squad did that from time to time.

Edit: looks like I hyperbolised the hyperbole, not sure what I was up to there and must have my articles confused or something. Think it was Cardall instead who passed to Sirker, however if it was Myall involved in the first try in the white scrum cap then that was great work

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2019, 08:06:27 PM »
On YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVi8UsAqf8A

Looked good going forwards - liked the little we see. Fingers crossed for the w/e and some of the team suggesting they should play in the first XV

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 06:33:53 AM »
Although it was only highlights it was good to see Umaga playing flat to the line and either delivering short pop passes or very late pull backs whilst holding the attention of defenders.

When Lima does it, the "planned move" pull backs occurs when he's still 3 or 4m from the defensive line.. meaning the 2nd or 3rd payer to receive the ball is 5 - 10m behind the gain line

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2019, 03:14:29 PM »
It’s a really difficult call to make about young players jumping up to the senior squad.

Playing against better stronger players is hard to know how you get on until you do it. If it works then great if it doesn’t then supporters get on your back.

Also you got to do it week in week out, making too many mistakes is not acceptable. Saying that a lot of the senior players haven’t stepped up when needed, so why not try some exciting young players. Working well for the England Wendy ball team.

I would like Dai to try some players soon, before we lose them. Not sure Dai has the Niagaras to try it though

Marlow Nick

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2019, 04:58:17 PM »
If only we could win our next match that would put us all but safe and then there'd be no reason not to experiment with the fringe players / drop those leaving and focus on the long-term development of the squad. As long as relegation is a threat Dai has to concentrate on the short term existential risk.