Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Speculative Article by Bobby Bridge - Who Will Get Relegated?  (Read 2124 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/gallagher-premiership-rugby-relegation-battle-16032383

All run in games are shown and current odds.

I do hope the bookies have it right. Favourite is Newks at 7/4, with Wuss second favourite at 2/1. Wasps current price 18/1.  I wouldn't mind a little punt on Tigs at 9/2  ;D
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Speculative Article by Bobby Bridge - Who Will Get Relegated?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 12:29:10 PM »
I'm not comfortable.  The season feels like one of our recent games where we had an early lead... Having said that, the team absolutely have it in them to finish strong.

When we got to the Prem final I felt like I  hadn't earned my stripes yet as a supporter. Certainly feel I am earning them now, season tickets renewed yesterday.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 12:59:53 PM »
Looking at the table, the Tigers win / not win is a sickener...we'd be safe and they'd be cacking it..cheers JP

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 01:12:02 PM »
Sorry just don't think we are any safer than any other team apart from having a little cushion in point form. If we do not start to add bonus points from every match we will be sucked in plus our ongoing form certainly doesn't suggest we are safe. Hopefully with players coming back we can turn our fortunes around.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 01:21:07 PM »
If we dont beat Worc we are in serious trouble, I don't see a winnable game after that on form and agree bonus points will be critical..we have the hardest run in of the bottom 5. If we play as we did against Glaws I honestly believe we'll take the win but the guy's will be super edgy and I hope it doesn't show in their play.

I predict Falcons with 3 potential home wins.

Worcs with 1 in the form of Sale.

Tigers with 2 home wins.

Bristol with 1 win at home to Sale.

Bath with 2 wins, us being one of them. The decision to play Bristol at Twicks as their home game is a big call.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 10:53:11 PM »
Our run in is bad, awful in fact.
We must beat Worcester. All of this comes down to what I often alluded to last year when we were winning and sometimes losing high scoring games. Losing the ability to score tries in defeat has hurt us this year to the point we could so easily go down.
Whatever happens if we survive we need that high scoring style again. I think if we try and play a tight game next year we will suffer in terms of gates and in terms of results.
Winning by grinding out games or playing phase after phase is not in our DNA, any more than set piece dominance is.
Sure we once had a mean defence, but we have always scored and had pacy backs and mobile ball handling back rows.
I am hoping that we can recapture that, some of our signings suggest it is possible.
In the mean time cross fingers, it could be bumpy.
There were those  who laughed at the idea of relegation early on. We are not laughing now, I don't want the naysayers to be right, but right now their predictions are perilously close to becoming reality.