Always a Wasp

Author Topic: SISU Appeal Thrown Out  (Read 7749 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: SISU Appeal Thrown Out
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2019, 12:29:59 PM »
Has SBT imploded? Haven't been able to connect and read the latest wit and wisdom on there.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Rory87

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2019, 12:30:15 PM »
I think we should remain open to extending the tenancy with CCFC (providing the terms to drop all legal action are met). Reagrdless of whether it brings financial benefits or not, I think it solidifies our position in Coventry and continues the already fantastic work our community team have done in integrating us into a new area and embracing a new fan base.

This whole ordeal has been a nightmare with repeated appeals from SISU, but we need to try and keep the football club close and not let the opinions of a minority taint our view point. I work with a number of CCFC fans who are far more level headed about all this and reasonable during discussions on the matter, than certain individuals on SBT and DW.

I really do hope that SISU back down (not sure it's likely though) and we have CCFC playing at the Ricoh next season. Would the possibility or a joint season ticket be a good idea? Buy one Season ticket (for one of the clubs) and get the corresponding season ticket for the other club, 50% off? the more bridges we build with anything coventry related, the better it would be for our gate receipts.

I could just be living in fantasy land here, but I can dream of a positive outcome to all this.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2019, 01:08:56 PM »
I also would really like to have CCFC playing the Ricoh next season. Despite what is said on SBT, I do not believe that the majority of their fans and citizens of Coventry blame Wasps - particularly that Sisu's latest appeal had been dismissed by the Supreme Court. When do football clubs' season tickets go on sale? They'll not sell many if people do not know where they will be playing.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2019, 01:17:06 PM »
Indeed, which means that they are continuing, as they will have had contingency plans in place should it be refused. Nobody does this sort of thing without planning. Thus it suits them to be quiet and slip a notice to appeal under the door of the Court at the last possible minute, meaning it will be weeks before everybody finds out what a bunch of snakes they are.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2019, 01:40:52 PM »
Contingency planning? Wasps will have been doing this for a year, preparing the Ricoh for life without CCFC. And if people don't know duplicitous are Sisu by now, then they deserve whatever they get.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2019, 08:43:13 AM »
Cryptic indeed from Mark Robins, CCFC Manager

CoventryLive asked Sky Blues manager Mark Robins if he is hopeful that this week’s ruling will bring a conclusion to the Ricoh Arena row and that the club can sit down with Wasps to discuss a future there. https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-ricoh-arena-row-16149010

“I am calm," he said.

"I think we need to be calm and everyone needs to remain calm and wait and see what happens.

“I am just excited by the future and what it can or could bring, potentially.

“I just get on with my job and make sure I do that to the best of my ability because that’s all I can do.

"That’s the only effect I can have but I am excited by what could be around the corner."
It was fine when I left it.....

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2019, 09:05:15 AM »
This is another article in the Cov Telegraph.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-efl-ricoh-sisu-16150020?utm_source=coventry_telegraph_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=EM_CoventryTelegraph_Nletter_News_Home_largeteaser_Text_Story2&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter

Below is an excerpt.. when I first read it it sounds like SISU can't even go to CJEU.. but I think that relates to this current action.. but maybe they could try something else.. anyway.. have fun reading this - my head hurts!

"A law expert at Coventry Law School has told CoventryLive he believes the Supreme Court's decision means the end of the judicial review.

Dr Stuart MacLennan, Senior Lecturer in Law and Research Development Director said: “The Court of Justice of the EU is not an appellate court, so it’s not possible to “appeal” this case to Luxembourg.

"The only way that domestic cases end up in the CJEU is through what’s called the preliminary reference procedure. This requires a domestic court to refer a question of EU Law to the Court. As there is no longer a live court proceeding then there can be no preliminary ruling.

"It may be the case that the decision of Coventry City Council to sell the Ricoh below-value constitutes an illegal grant of state aid under Article 107 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.

"Where a public body has conferred a ‘selective advantage’ on a business it is treated as anti-competitive and is usually, therefore, prohibited. However, there is very little scope for private enforcement of this provision – it would be up to the European Commission to investigate and make a ruling."

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2019, 09:49:08 AM »
"It may be the case that the decision of Coventry City Council to sell the Ricoh below-value constitutes an illegal grant of state aid under Article 107 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.

Surely any judgement by the The Court of Justice of the EU would be entirely irrelevant and non-binding after we leave the EU?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2019, 10:24:23 AM »
And Joyless was at the match yesterday according to SBT. Quite interesting their views of her. No sightings of Wasps personnel though. Soon be gone.
Let me tell you something cucumber

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2019, 10:44:48 AM »

Surely any judgement by the The Court of Justice of the EU would be entirely irrelevant and non-binding after we leave the EU?

That treaty, I think, tends to be applied at govt/state level to stop a government favouring (in our case) a UK based supplier/purchaser.

I can't see the EU even bothering to get involved in the sale of an unused stadium at local govt level