Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Dai Doesn't Pull His Punches.  (Read 2114 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Dai Doesn't Pull His Punches.
« on: April 28, 2019, 10:33:58 AM »
Transcript by Jacob Leeks and Bobby Bridge:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-saracens-reaction-gallagher-premiership-16189322

Dai never singles out players but I can't argue with what he said.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Dai Doesn't Pull His Punches.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 11:03:35 AM »
I too agree with what Dai said. I was always expecting a tough game and a victory against a team like Saracens is hard to come by (but is do-able). But yesterday was an utter shambles.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 11:16:49 AM »
He couldn't say anything else in reality. The question is what does he do about it for the remaining two matches?
Let me tell you something cucumber

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 01:14:56 PM »
He couldn't say anything else in reality. The question is what does he do about it for the remaining two matches?

The big problem as I see it, is what has he done about it for any of the matches this season? Bar one or two it has been the same of issues being failed to be addressed every week. whose lap does that rest in??

Witblad

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 03:10:16 PM »
I expected defeat yesterday against one of the best teams in Europe, but we were totally outclassed.  For me the key issues were:

- Teamwork lacking: the back line look as if they don't know each other.  Daly arguing with everyone, especially Le Roux
- Poor scrum-half play. Love Simmo for his tackling and pace, but he's been getting slower and slower at the base of the ruck. Hands on the ball, look around, wait for defence to get in place and ready, slow pass, lose yards
- Lack of power in the 2nd row. Been the case all year without Launch.  Leads to poor yardage and poor clearing out
- Unbalanced back row: without a natural 7 we did not compete at the breakdown. I don't remember us winning any turnovers.  Gave them quick ball.
- Poor execution/decisions.

Losing Daly, Le Roux, Simmo, Hughes could be an opportunity to reset the squad and refocus on team work.
Coaching issues clearly a big part of the lack of performance. We need the right man to fill the gap.