Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Danny the scrum half  (Read 3999 times)

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Danny the scrum half
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2019, 04:28:25 PM »
As the womens game is before the mens & its all on the same ticket, you're logic is flawed slightly.

Also, given how much players enjoy the Barbarians experience, most of the players involved would probably disagree thats its worthless.

but then maybe you would also class the Lions as just a money making exercise?....

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 05:11:49 PM »
Article about all of this in The Guardian and the journalist involved is usually pretty good. The key points:
- Lam not allowed to select Cipriani leading to conjecture that he would be in the England training squad at least.
- EJ will take only two scrum halves with Cipriani or Farrell providing some kind of cover!!!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2019, 09:02:56 PM »
And the key fact.
Eddie is a supremely arrogant self-serving prick with an attitude, who believes he can reinvent the game and stick two fingers up at the media whilst insulting most countries his teams play against. Numbers are for conventional coaches, Eddie does not believe in them and needs to demonstate his genius touch at every opportunity.  The story may or may not be true, but it would not be believable with most coaches.

Btw, I love the barbarians, and would be happier to watch them than Eddie's England. What rugby should be about, in many ways. Pat Lam is a top bloke, such  a contrast with Eddie.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 09:08:10 AM by westwaleswasp »

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2019, 03:15:29 PM »
I'm no Eddie fan either - he's singlehandedly been responsible for my fading interest in the England team - I ended up cheering Scotland on in the 6Ns and hoped they would win!

Certainly there are a few pros who aren't exactly fans - but axes to grind etc

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/108275798/new-book-reveals-how-eddie-jones-loses-assistant-coaches-and-dressing-rooms