Always a Wasp

Author Topic: "Final" Morning all  (Read 4538 times)

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
"Final" Morning all
« on: June 01, 2019, 10:17:55 AM »
Morning all, Was hanging on to see if anyone else started this thread but as myself and my lad are about to set out for the game thought I would go for it.
Was fortunate enough to win a pair of tickets yesterday so this is a bonus day out so just looking forward to the occasion and hopefully a decent game.
Safe travels to anyone else going and remember the sun cream and to drink responsibly!!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: "Final" Morning all
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 10:24:10 AM »
There's a real game of Rugby on today? I mean, one I can get excited about, as opposed to falling asleep being bored to death? I am off on a motorbike ride instead this afternoon.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 10:27:28 AM »
Good morning everyone. Watered the garden this morning and then made breakfast. I'll be watching the game this afternoon but whether I'll manage it all, I don't know. I will be surprised if the estate agents don't win. I expect Chiefs' limited, but highly effective, game to be exposed. If it is as I expect then their game style will be shown to have gone up a blind alley. What will they do next season? More of the same, with ultimately failure in Europe and at home? Or will (can) they try something different?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 10:40:57 AM »
Salarycens can play some exciting stuff.

Our kids rugby club has its awards on at the same time. Very poor planning i feel.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 10:43:14 AM »
Morning chunky’, morning all

With the lovely Mrs. Chilham at the opticians this morning. She’s blind as a bat without lenses, and needs a new prescription. She’d actually qualify for the Paralympics, if she was any good at sport.

I’ll watch this afternoon. Sarries were very impressive against Leinster in all aspects of the game.  I can’t see Chiefs being able to counter. That said, Baxter is arguably the best DoR in the Premiership and they may have a plan.  They need one. The usual stuff is unlikely to prove enough.

Enjoy your ride Nelly’. 

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 10:45:03 AM »
Morning all.  Dog got long walk earlier and it was still hot and building. Watching a bit of SH rugby while drying out. The must have issued a law omitting forward passes and knock ins- certainly makes it faster game!
Will watch probably this afternoon, at least until Lyon v Montpellier comes on. Hope the EAs win by 50 or more then even Rob Baxter will have to say something about the uneven state of the game.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 11:06:51 AM »
Morning all. Like you Neils I've just been watching Highlanders versus Chiefs in Fiji. They were both certainly flinging it about. I imagine the Sarries v Chiefs game will be similar! Can't see anything other than a decent margin Sarries win.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2019, 12:00:20 PM »
Morning all, I’m of the same opinion that Sarries will win and I hope it is by a big margin. Hopefully it will start to prove a point that most people already know.

I think Sarries are a very good team, most probably the best club side ever or at least in the top 5.

I just wish something soon happens about the cap. I just can’t see so many international players wishing to play for Sarries at a lower wage.

I except Sarries have done well with they academy but it’s how they got there that irritates me

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2019, 12:39:50 PM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. Me and my lad are going, we are staying with friends in Whitton, easy peasy, just a stroll up the road.

Lovely whether this morning so it should be a fast expansive game....! I did put a couple of bets on to try and make it interesting. Will not be buying early again next year though! If Cipps was there again this year I would have been much more excited about the day.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2019, 01:14:36 PM »
Morning all, I’m of the same opinion that Sarries will win and I hope it is by a big margin. Hopefully it will start to prove a point that most people already know.

I think Sarries are a very good team, most probably the best club side ever or at least in the top 5.

I just wish something soon happens about the cap. I just can’t see so many international players wishing to play for Sarries at a lower wage.

I except Sarries have done well with they academy but it’s how they got there that irritates me

Ditto me

Yet on other btl commentary options - Sarries supporters show no surprise they can afford so many top platers and are offended if you say anything

Anyway - morning/now afternoon all - have a good day all what ever you are up to

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2019, 05:37:02 PM »
Well, it was actually a good game, my draw bet very nearly came in, damn it Kvesic!

Sarries played like Wasps at times, missing first tackle, and what is it with Farrel's kicking in Prem finals.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2019, 05:48:18 PM »
Well at least Exeter know the pain of being pipped by 3 points on a hot day at Twickers.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2019, 05:52:46 PM »
Sarries are an incredible team with high quality players who all know what is needed to win games.

The coaching set up is miles ahead of us. I think this is going to be a very long road ahead for us to get anywhere near them.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2019, 06:02:15 PM »
Or PRL do something to level the playing field.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2019, 06:04:17 PM »
Surprisingly a good game. For the first time I can recall this season Sarries looked tired and struggling for ideas  in the mid 40 mins of the game.

I'm not sure if that was Exeter putting pressure on them or 3 big games in 3 weeks had finally caught up with them..

I think it was Exeter tailing off at the end rather than Sarries changing up a gear though