Always a Wasp

Author Topic: And So It Goes On...........and On................and On  (Read 10554 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: And So It Goes On...........and On................and On
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2019, 06:23:29 PM »
And now an MP has a go at Sisu in the House of Commons:

Coventry City owners Sisu are 'bleeding club dry', claims MP

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/sisu-coventry-city-christian-matheson-16491216

Good job he's got parliamentary privilege. other wise he'd get battered in court.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: And So It Goes On...........and On................and On
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2019, 07:16:08 PM »
I did wonder what the MP of Chester was doing fighting CCFC's corner but he's speaking on behalf of other clubs as well.

I'm not sure what the EFL, Premier League and FA can do (if indeed they are really bothered) to check the background of potential buyers and their intentions. Legally they can't ask to inspect every aspect of someone's financial background (unless special laws are passed regarding the ownership of sports clubs)... and if an owner wants to lose £50m (which I don't believe for one moment is the figure - that figure is a bargaining chip SISU to later use) and drive their asset into the ground that's up to them.

As the MP rightly says.. no-one knows who the investors of SISU are and where the money has come from.. Is it illegally laundered money run through Panamanian banks, maybe a multi-national media empire that fancied snapping up various clubs around europe without their identity being known for fear of a conflict of interest being flagged up.

There is a reason why SISU won't reveal the investor (s) which in itself should raise red flags.

What could be put in a proposed bill?? Perhaps no one entity should be able to own more than 35% of all shares? 

Enforce that at least 15% of shares be owned by supporters who can hold no more than say £1k - £2k max worth of shares

Spreading the ownership would at least reduce the risk of a single entity steamrolling decisions through, and that in itself might dissuade a rich meglomaniac from trying to take over a whole club.