Always a Wasp

Author Topic: And So It Goes On...........and On................and On  (Read 10561 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
And So It Goes On...........and On................and On
« on: June 03, 2019, 11:10:36 PM »
Ricoh Arena row: New deadline set

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/ricoh-arena-row-coventry-city-16371605

This really has to come to a conclusion and soon.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: And So It Goes On...........and On................and On
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 07:06:51 AM »
If the reports of how poorly the Spice girls concert  at Ricoh was organised last night are correct there is going to be a lot more to deal with as well.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 07:35:39 AM »
At some point EFL are going to become fed up with CCFC/SISU's shenanigans.

I don't understand why CCFC are releasing statements implying negotiations are ongoing giving hope to their fans and EFL that the Ricoh will be their ground next season, when it seems very unlikely that anything will be agreed unless SISU change their spots and withdraw their EU court action (is that even possible?)

It looks like CCFC have about 2 weeks to let the EFL know. The other thing to note is that Birmingham City haven't released information (from what I can see) about even being approached by CCFC, let alone signing a provisional deal.

Wouldn't CCFC fans having to watch their home games at Brum FC be like us having to play our home games at tiggers?

« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 07:46:51 AM by BG »

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 07:39:01 AM »
If the reports of how poorly the Spice girls concert  at Ricoh was organised last night are correct there is going to be a lot more to deal with as well.

Reading press reports it seems that the tour in general is having a lot of issues. I suspect the venue has little involvement in it. The tour promoter will do most of it. Sadly, it still reflects on the venue.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 08:04:49 AM »

Reading press reports it seems that the tour in general is having a lot of issues. I suspect the venue has little involvement in it. The tour promoter will do most of it. Sadly, it still reflects on the venue.

I think the main issue is the one that they had decades ago.. only one of them can sing.. but in terms of the "arena" experience then this seems to happening at each place they've appeared at, so its down to their tour managers who will be organising everything including stewards and ticketing.

I wonder how much Wasps would have made out of it. Would it just be a flat fee or would Wasps take a commission on ticket, drink and food sales

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 08:22:58 AM »
Notwithstanding the sound problems which are the responsibility of the tour manager I can see many tweets concerning access problems which is the Ricoh staff. To open the doors and let people in without checking sounds desperate. Hope tonight is better organised.
Let me tell you something cucumber

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 08:24:51 AM »

What reports are these? First hand from 5x happy campers who went last night had a great time, no issues with organisation... just some very sleepy ladies this morning!

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 08:25:38 AM »
Ricoh Arena row: New deadline set

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/ricoh-arena-row-coventry-city-16371605

This really has to come to a conclusion and soon.

Bit like Brexit really! It’ll get to a point shortly where any definitive decision will be better than an ongoing no decision

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 08:41:49 AM »

What reports are these? First hand from 5x happy campers who went last night had a great time, no issues with organisation... just some very sleepy ladies this morning!

As Neil mentions above, apart from the usual food / drink / toilet / parking queues, the main complaint all over Twitter and Facebook is turnstiles not working leading to massive queues outside as acts started then to gates being opened and security / ticket checks being abandoned.

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 09:12:43 AM »
At some point EFL are going to become fed up with CCFC/SISU's shenanigans.

I don't understand why CCFC are releasing statements implying negotiations are ongoing giving hope to their fans and EFL that the Ricoh will be their ground next season, when it seems very unlikely that anything will be agreed unless SISU change their spots and withdraw their EU court action (is that even possible?)

It looks like CCFC have about 2 weeks to let the EFL know. The other thing to note is that Birmingham City haven't released information (from what I can see) about even being approached by CCFC, let alone signing a provisional deal.

Wouldn't CCFC fans having to watch their home games at Brum FC be like us having to play our home games at tiggers?

I don't believe they can withdraw as it is a complaint to the commission not a court action, once brought to their attention the issues stands (or falls) on its own merits (or lack of).

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2019, 10:08:03 AM »
Correct. Raise a question for the EU and it runs its course and can take years and years. You are unable to retract your query or request. SISU knew exactly what they were doing and the possible timescales.
Let me tell you something cucumber

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2019, 10:33:11 AM »
The case will take years to even be looked at and whilst the review will centre on CCC, it indirectly affects Wasps. What on earth were SISU thinking?

I can't think of a proposal offered by SISU that would allow an agreement to be reached with Wasps.

If the rumours of ground sharing with Brum FC are true, I really hope Brum FC have got all the nuts and bolts on the contract screwed in really tightly else SISU might start proceedings to claim half of their ground.

If I was Brum FC I'd want money up front

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2019, 10:53:10 AM »

Judging by our game at Tiggers this year, if it came with the home reffing, their place might not be too bad. We would walk the league!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 10:55:19 AM by westwaleswasp »

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2019, 10:55:04 AM »

As Neil mentions above, apart from the usual food / drink / toilet / parking queues, the main complaint all over Twitter and Facebook is turnstiles not working leading to massive queues outside as acts started then to gates being opened and security / ticket checks being abandoned.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/spice-girls-coventry-ricoh-complaints-16374973

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2019, 11:23:14 AM »
Sounds like they used the same sound system they use for announcements at matches