Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps Forum  (Read 19884 times)

King Prawn Phuna

• Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps Forum
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2019, 02:09:17 PM »
Hogan's from Alcester doa reasonable keg/draught   https://www.hoganscider.co.uk/products
The older I get the faster I was....

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2019, 03:39:05 PM »
Tucked into Rosie's Pig, Rhubarbed Rosie's Pig, Appleslayer, Rattler and Stan's (Thatchers) Cheddar Valley these past few days. Orchard Pig next me thinks.
Sorry to derail the thread, but if you don't ask you don't get,and it is the off season....

I must admit I have tried one Hogan's cider- just tasted like fizzy golden stuff- Strongbow in a slight disguise. Maybe they do a better one.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2019, 06:25:34 PM »
Probably not the best time to declare that sitting at the Ricoh watching wasps with a 2 Pinter of Strongbow keeps me happy, However if quality of cider is all Roger and I have to feedback on this season then I am sure the club and all of us will be very happy with the season!

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2019, 10:34:34 PM »
Probably not the best time to declare that sitting at the Ricoh watching wasps with a 2 Pinter of Strongbow keeps me happy, However if quality of cider is all Roger and I have to feedback on this season then I am sure the club and all of us will be very happy with the season!

I've kept out of this discussion because as a non-drinker I wouldn't know a rough cider from a premium ale.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2019, 07:16:08 AM »
Bringing the thread back on topic, ;)

Has anyone seen the minutes from the meeting yet as Wasps said they would be published on the website but nothing so far, that's obvious.

Doesn't bode well if they can't get the 1st set of minutes up within a week.

RogerE

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2019, 08:54:42 AM »
At the meeting they said it might be a couple of days, as it was the day before the Premiership matches were announced.

I'll drop a line to see what has happened (wonder if it is anything to do with the staff restructuring that is going on at the Ricoh)

RogerE

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2019, 09:35:33 AM »
This, basically was it (extract of an email received after the meeting):

We covered a wide range of topics but I just wanted to confirm how we would move forward:

Frequency : every two months, so the next one will be in September.  We will get an email out shortly with dates for the remainder of 2019 and in to 2020 so people know where they stand.
    Composition :  we will aim for circa 30 people and think about how we can get a younger and more diverse representation on to the Forum.  If you do know of anybody that would be interested and fit that profile then please let me know.
    Location : we will base meetings at the Ricoh Arena but move around occasionally, for example a visit to the Training Ground or a local rugby club.
    Format : we will discuss a particular topic for the first hour then take questions from the floor followed by an update from the club.  Trying to keep to about two hours.
    Promotion : we will get somebody to take notes and review overnight moving forward so that we can publish the output within 24hrs.  After that, feel free to discuss you take on things via friends, social media, etc.

In terms of future topics we discussed:

How things work behind the scenes at the Training Ground : strength & conditioning; psychology; nutrition; etc.
    How games are analysed and preparation programmes.
    The Academy.
    Community engagement.
    Ticketing and match-day experience (including catering).
    The bigger corporate picture : structure; finances; revenue streams; concerts; etc.

We also discussed specific issues to look at in the short term, we can provide updates on these at the next meeting:

Disabled access across the stadium, including the Club House.
    Coach travel generally – home and away games.
    Away day ticketing – can we create Wasps sections of the crowd.
    General parking – issues with Glide and seasonal parking.
    Ticket receipts not showing on credit card statements as Wasps.

email did say minutes would be posted early next week (ie this week), so will enquire where they are

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2019, 10:01:09 AM »
Thanks.

They asked for questions originally and I did get a response to one I sent to say they would be discussed but from your comments it looks like the 1st meeting was all about setting up the structure.

RogerE

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2019, 11:08:57 AM »
Thanks.

They asked for questions originally and I did get a response to one I sent to say they would be discussed but from your comments it looks like the 1st meeting was all about setting up the structure.

Yes it was mainly about going forward.

Let us know your question and I'll make sure it is discussed next meeting

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2019, 01:54:13 PM »
Thank for the feedback Roger. :)

RogerE

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2019, 08:37:02 AM »
Stuart emailed me to apologise for the delay and to say the forum minutes will be on the website later.

I also passed on the comments about ST complementary tickets being available throughout the season, as mentioned by BG earlier in the thread, and availability of "proper" cider

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2019, 05:11:01 PM »
Thanks.

Thanks Roger.

It was a question around the STH memberships which don't really make sense now, primarily as to why there is still a separate Champions & Gold membership. I understand why it was set up originally (as there was a difference in the 1st season) but there isn't anymore, and just seems to be a Adams Park vs. Ricoh membership, which I am sure most would agree isn't really what we want to see from an inclusivity point of view, all STH are Wasps fans at the end of the day.

If they want to keep the 2 levels then at least make it a time served difference, for example, STH for 5 years or more as some of the Ricoh STH will be hitting that soon.

RogerE

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2019, 09:04:06 PM »

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2019, 10:48:22 PM »
Stuart emailed me to apologise for the delay and to say the forum minutes will be on the website later.

I also passed on the comments...... availability of "proper" cider

Thank you! 
If nothing else this thread has shown many Waspies to know their Addlestones from their elbow....)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 10:50:41 PM by westwaleswasp »

RogerE

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2019, 09:41:52 AM »
Thanks.

Thanks Roger.

It was a question around the STH memberships which don't really make sense now, primarily as to why there is still a separate Champions & Gold membership. I understand why it was set up originally (as there was a difference in the 1st season) but there isn't anymore, and just seems to be a Adams Park vs. Ricoh membership, which I am sure most would agree isn't really what we want to see from an inclusivity point of view, all STH are Wasps fans at the end of the day.

If they want to keep the 2 levels then at least make it a time served difference, for example, STH for 5 years or more as some of the Ricoh STH will be hitting that soon.

Some of us old (in both senses of the word) pre-date even the Adams Park dates. Some of us even go back to the pre-professional days at Sudbury.

However I see where you are coming from,