Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 7s Team  (Read 13151 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: 7s Team
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2019, 08:17:21 PM »
Our injuries did not help us. The lads put in a good shift overall.

What cannot be denied is that Sarries structures are exemplary. THey performed in the same way that the senior squad do. Stifling defence and discipline. I do not know what impact RWC will have on them but at full strength, I cannot see anyone taking their crowns away.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2019, 09:45:15 PM »
Sarries are great, there is no denying it. But second behind them is first out of all the teams that don't cheat to my mind.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2019, 08:41:21 AM »
Sarries game [like Exeters] is so low risk.They don't give you the ball whilst trying something risky. That is half the battle.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2019, 02:16:01 PM »
Our injuries did not help us. The lads put in a good shift overall.

What cannot be denied is that Sarries structures are exemplary. THey performed in the same way that the senior squad do. Stifling defence and discipline. I do not know what impact RWC will have on them but at full strength, I cannot see anyone taking their crowns away.

Even taking the WC into consideration I can't see anyone challenging Sarries this season. The core of their squad.. British Lions mainly, probably haven't even reached their physical and mental peak.

If the season starts without a statement from PRL about the salary cap investigation (guilty or innocent would be nice so that we can move on) then I can see some club owners looking to some very expensive solicitors to rip the PRL rules apart.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2019, 02:55:05 PM »
The club owners meet next week - I think the 19th. I would expect (hope?) something to happen around then if the reports of their anger are to be taken at face value.
Let me tell you something cucumber

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2019, 06:46:23 PM »

If the season starts without a statement from PRL about the salary cap investigation (guilty or innocent would be nice so that we can move on) then I can see some club owners looking to some very expensive solicitors to rip the PRL rules apart.

And its not like Bruce Craig wouldn't have the spare cash to get the lawyers in

A lot of winning is about coordinating your resources, and if Bath perhaps under performed a little last season, their squad is very strong with an emphasis on their backline, they probably only have one Lions starter (Watson) and one squad member (Toby) and one probable next time (Joe C)

But given they can afford anyone, and Bath is a lovely area to live and work with access to the West Country, its a bit of a surprise that they have so few Lions/big internationals is it not? Similar for Bristol, the Piutau's are very useful, Nathan a good player and a collection vg players like Attwood and Crane - but with even more money available to the owner, its a squad that looks like Bath's and Wasps' and Exeter's in that it looks like a squad balanced  by the salary cap.