Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Saracens docked 35 points  (Read 91264 times)

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Saracens docked 35 points
« on: November 05, 2019, 10:42:58 AM »
And a £5m fine- twitter noise getting louder, official announcement expected very soon

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Saracens docked 35 points
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 10:44:18 AM »
In the Guardian
Let me tell you something cucumber

WallyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 10:49:23 AM »
And the Telegraph

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 10:49:58 AM »
So what happens to their previous accomplishments? The breach has been happening for a few seasons...

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 10:51:22 AM »
The club owners need to decide. Fraudulent league and Euro champions. Do they keep all their players ??

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 10:52:16 AM »
So what happens to their previous accomplishments? The breach has been happening for a few seasons...

Debate on rival clubs taking action in that respect, would also like to see what happens in respect to their current squad- if they are that far over and didn’t believe they had done anything wrong then surely they are still a long long way over the limit. How will they get back down?

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 10:57:07 AM »
I scanned the Daily Mail article on the other thread and I think it mentioned >£300million since Wray took over, so it must have been going a long time. They should have the full Lance Armstrong treatment for everything they have won since the doping can be proven.  They should also be held to the cap from next season (this season if they want to be punitive). 

I also think Wasps should be given first refusal on any second rows and 12s, however I'm not sure that this would fly with the other clubs!

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 11:03:44 AM »
I feared that PRL were just waiting until they found a big enough carpet to sweep this under, but finally they have addressed the cheating.

This will just be the start though.  I'd expect $arries to appeal (not sure on what grounds, but they are unlikely to just roll over and take it).  And then potential legal challenges from other clubs for revenue lost as a result.  And where does this leave Wray as a "fit and proper" club owner?

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 11:07:42 AM »
Some of the vociferous posters from Sarries on the Sportnetwork site are now going to take some heat.

RobAWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 11:10:13 AM »
Good start but needs so much more!

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 11:19:03 AM »
They might have to suffer an away semi-final this season

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 11:23:21 AM »
Somewhat ironically, Saracen’s challenge to the findings (which was rejected by the independent panel) wasn’t that they believed they had acted within the confines of the cap, but punishing them for breaching it was anti-competitive...

I have no issues in them wanting to assemble an incredible squad capable of competing with the best clubs in Europe.  If they want to spend beyond the cap, also no issues.  Just not in this league, with it’s pre-agreed confines to operate within.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 11:26:40 AM »
Apparently Liam Williams is rumoured to be leaving.

And this will cause some massive problems, keeping players, squad culture for this season etc. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Further more, to see if they keep their achievements.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2019, 11:31:13 AM »

And this will cause some massive problems, keeping players, squad culture for this season etc. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Further more, to see if they keep their achievements.

Been rumoured for a while - they want him back in Wales where they can control his game time.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2019, 11:40:27 AM »

Been rumoured for a while - they want him back in Wales where they can control his game time.

The players involved must have also known that the club/Wray was pushing the envelope (brown most likely).

Was the Daly deal the straw that broke the camels back?