Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Dai Post Game  (Read 6944 times)

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Dai Post Game
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2019, 09:26:08 PM »
Well said VV. There are some nasty comments on this thread at each other as well as directed at Dai. Most of us are probably here because we got fed up of the nastiness on the Sports Network site. Let’s not follow that route.

I haven’t yet seen the Sale game so cant make by comments one way or the other. What we have in comment is that we don’t like Wasps losing. Bitching at each other and Dai & the team is not going to be much help.

One specific point. Saying that NZ players don’t succeed forgets - Mark van G, Ian Jones & Craig Down who all made immense contributions to Wasps. Give new signings time please!!

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2019, 09:38:48 PM »
Well said VV. There are some nasty comments on this thread at each other as well as directed at Dai. Most of us are probably here because we got fed up of the nastiness on the Sports Network site. Let’s not follow that route.

I haven’t yet seen the Sale game so cant make by comments one way or the other. What we have in comment is that we don’t like Wasps losing. Bitching at each other and Dai & the team is not going to be much help.

One specific point. Saying that NZ players don’t succeed forgets - Mark van G, Ian Jones & Craig Down who all made immense contributions to Wasps. Give new signings time please!!

Peter, those 3 were what I call 'old school Kiwis'!.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2019, 09:53:59 PM »
They certainly were. Wasps were playing like they are currently when Ian Jones arrived - I think LBND was out with his cruciate ligament for the season. The unbelievable effort put in by Jones every game.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2019, 10:38:06 PM »

Yes. Grow up the pair of you. If you want a flame war, then go elsewhere.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2019, 02:57:16 PM »
Eezamarlowman and Hymenoptera.

Life's too short for childish name calling.

Please guys, many of us transferred here from the DW site exactly because of "non-discussion" that is now happening.

If you don't agree just say "You have your opinion, I have mine - let's agree to disagree".

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2019, 03:38:13 PM »

Please guys, many of us transferred here from the DW site exactly because of "non-discussion" that is now happening.

If you don't agree just say "You have your opinion, I have mine - let's agree to disagree".

Sounds fair to me 👍

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2019, 03:53:29 PM »

Sounds fair to me 👍

I think most of us have said something online in the heat of the moment (which sounds daft as everyone has time to think before they type and hit "post").

I think it probably shows that we all care about the club and our current, but hopefully short lived, position.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2019, 04:18:02 PM »
The trouble is with laying blame is that the buck has to stop somewhere.

You can blame the players for not training, not thinking, carrying knocks, making mistakes, losing tactical coherence, etc.

But sooner or later you have to ask who recruits the players, who trains them, who decides the tactics and style of play, who sets the tone day to day, etc, etc.

The buck has to stop somewhere. It's not as simple as saying Dai is solely  responsible for this situation but often a change can bring a breath of fresh air and looking from the outside there needs to be a fresh blast of energy and ideas.

With the wrong result tomorrow between Tigers and Irish we could be dead bottom. We can't be complacent about that.

I think you are spot on Gaz, if players are not listening or continuing to make the same mistakes, then stop picking them. Dai has to take a lot of the blame, it’s his team he picks the players.

Also we do look badly organised why