Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match Thread - Quins  (Read 16414 times)

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Match Thread - Quins
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2019, 05:03:00 PM »
We are sleepwalking into the Championship and it is a horrible feeling. Maintaining the status quo is suicide. We have some great players but we are by far the worst performing team in the league. Thought I might be able to celebrate a win for about 20mins. It’s the hope that kills you !

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2019, 05:06:03 PM »
I suppose the board now need to make a decision... what to do with Dai and the coaching staff.

& is there anyone out there who would actually take this on??

BrackenandMacken

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2019, 05:26:23 PM »
It's all just too predictable currently, both on and off the field.

Dai and his stooges need to be let go as soon as reasonably possible, they won't be.

Result will be relegation and that will be that for the Ricoh project.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2019, 05:29:12 PM »
I'm still not convinced the answer is to get rid of Dai, but something needs to happen.

If we're talking to anyone to come in next season as a potential head coach then I really hope we're asking how much we need to pay to get them to move right now.

I'm not gonna stop supporting Wasps if they go down, and I don't think it will kill the club, but it will wipe out lots of the fan base, and cost us a genuine fortune that I doubt we have to lose.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

SteveTodd

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2019, 05:38:46 PM »
I'm still not convinced the answer is to get rid of Dai, but something needs to happen.

If we're talking to anyone to come in next season as a potential head coach then I really hope we're asking how much we need to pay to get them to move right now.

I'm not gonna stop supporting Wasps if they go down, and I don't think it will kill the club, but it will wipe out lots of the fan base, and cost us a genuine fortune that I doubt we have to lose.

Are you confident that we will somehow still be able to re-finance the £35m bond if we get relegated? If so, how? Where is the money coming from?

Moorio_Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2019, 05:44:55 PM »
One massive positive in our current situation. The club will probably be back home soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2019, 05:56:46 PM »

Are you confident that we will somehow still be able to re-finance the £35m bond if we get relegated? If so, how? Where is the money coming from?

I'm confident Derek is a canny businessman and made a fortune in insurance. So I suspect he and his team have a contingency plan. It will hurt I have no doubt, but I am confident it won't kill the club.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2019, 05:58:12 PM »
Why do we keep passing to static players, it’s so easy to defend. We don’t exactly have powerful players, so going from a standing position surely it’s going to be difficult to get over the gain line.

Why is this happening, the coaches must be seeing this but nothing being done about it, finding this really frustrating.

SteveTodd

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2019, 06:03:44 PM »
One massive positive in our current situation. The club will probably be back home soon.

I'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean we lose the stadium, and go into receivership, yet somehow survive? How?

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2019, 06:08:38 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean we lose the stadium, and go into receivership, yet somehow survive? How?

I'm interested to know where "home" is.

High Wycombe?

SteveTodd

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2019, 06:09:52 PM »

I'm confident Derek is a canny businessman and made a fortune in insurance. So I suspect he and his team have a contingency plan. It will hurt I have no doubt, but I am confident it won't kill the club.
I honestly hope that you are correct, but I also must admit that I am losing faith fast.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2019, 06:24:29 PM »
Unfortunately it doesn’t guarantee someone will be good at one business plan just because They were successful at another business plan.

If Derek doesn’t do anything with the coaching staff and we go down how is that a good business person.

We have a weak squad with A splattering of good players which has been down to poor coaching decisions on player choice.  This has been going on for two seasons now and ended up with us in very much a relegation battle and still no signs of it changing, doesn’t sound like someone knows how to change it.

To think Dai and his coaching set up will get us out of trouble, concerns me that that person thinks like that.

If Derek does something about it and our fortunes change, then you are right but until that happens I’m sorry it is a very big concern for me that Derek is not sure what to do

WickedWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2019, 07:02:18 PM »
Momentum changed with vailanu rush in care and giving a pen then a poor call for launch collapsing maul.
Our scrum was better this week and the lineout but it was so frustrating in the end when the ball got ripped.
I still think we are playing better than last year we just lack confidence to win. Their first try come from Ben Harris rushing out of the line. Individual errors costing us not team structures.
Umaga played well but I thought some of the service he was getting from Robson was poor and it had a knock on effect to some of the ball given out wide. We showed some nice hands in patches and Fekitoa looked hungry but too often a poor pass would be shipped on to create an error.
To cut out individual errors you need people to focus and they will do that best with players threatening their position but currently we are short on players.
LBP was something given Tigers didnt pick up any. Although I agree given Tigers squad you would think they will come good but pressure is a strange beast and they showed last year they can still be in the relegation fight end of the season. Same can be said for us I admit.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2019, 07:12:16 PM »
Highlights for me today:

Had Jack Willis first try at 22/1.

Wayne Barnes was great to listen to on ref Mic.

That is all.

AndyL

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2019, 07:24:19 PM »
Wow you know how much this means when ex players are coming out on Twitter...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk