Always a Wasp

Author Topic: EAs BBC - Squad May Be Dismantled  (Read 64567 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: EAs BBC - Squad May Be Dismantled
« Reply #315 on: January 19, 2020, 08:16:55 PM »
More or less a summation.  Oh he thought a ten point deduction would have been more realistic.
Let me tell you something cucumber

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 19, 2020, 08:35:15 PM »
He is behaving like a madman, he is ignoring >5 years of systematic financial doping, of course they were dominant, they were cheating.

I disliked them intensely prior to this scandal, back slapping and laughing every time they won a penalty. Now it borders on hatred, I shouldn't feel like this as it is only a game, but a game I love and they have tainted it. My view is that remaining PRL 12 should vote to expel them, they have shown no regard for fair play, or respected any other other clubs, their supporters, most of their players or staff. I hope they fold and disappear, as this sad state of affairs is beyond the pale. Good riddance.
It was fine when I left it.....

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 19, 2020, 08:45:41 PM »
Seen an interesting comment posted on twitter etc that apparently the Premiership regulations state that any club to be promoted from the Championship must prove they have complied with the salary cap regulation in the previous 2 seasons.

That could mean no promotion for the EA's until 2022/23 season.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 19, 2020, 08:56:25 PM »
He is behaving like a madman, he is ignoring >5 years of systematic financial doping, of course they were dominant, they were cheating.

I disliked them intensely prior to this scandal, back slapping and laughing every time they won a penalty. Now it borders on hatred, I shouldn't feel like this as it is only a game, but a game I love and they have tainted it. My view is that remaining PRL 12 should vote to expel them, they have shown no regard for fair play, or respected any other other clubs, their supporters, most of their players or staff. I hope they fold and disappear, as this sad state of affairs is beyond the pale. Good riddance.

Seems fair. All that patting the opposition on the head when a decision goes their way shit - that really gets my goat. Its partly that you can't retaliate - imagine  patting Buster White on the head.....or Wade Dooley. You wouldn't do its twice - and they are aiming to rile people to get them carded

And that smugness about winning - when the payers knew they were financially doped....

Its also put me off England. I used to like them winning, but now......I like to see the EA players looking sad too much.

It a game I've loved since my first visit to HQ when I was about 10 with my late Dad and they've spoiled it. I won't watch them again. The other teams' attitudes and hopefully us improving will bring back the love

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 19, 2020, 10:52:14 PM »
McCall says that the squad will be broken up after relegation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51169248

From the BBC.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 20, 2020, 11:03:52 AM »
McCall says that the squad will be broken up after relegation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51169248

From the BBC.

I am happy to read this!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 20, 2020, 11:09:27 AM »
Would McCall also be looking to go elsewhere?

I'm wondering if there is more to emerge though as Sarries have refused to allow an independent accountancy firm go through all their records.. which implies there is more that is being hidden. That could be related to the salary cap or it might be something that HMRC would be interested in.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 20, 2020, 12:01:23 PM »
Would McCall also be looking to go elsewhere?

I'm wondering if there is more to emerge though as Sarries have refused to allow an independent accountancy firm go through all their records.. which implies there is more that is being hidden. That could be related to the salary cap or it might be something that HMRC would be interested in.

While I'd love there to be more that they're hiding... and obviously Tony Rowe has eluded to more still to come out... that may not be the only reason that they've refused to be audited.

Obviously they're hurting a bit at the moment. They've been found out, and punished heavily.
I know it's all relative and that other clubs have been hurt significantly over the years too, but let's be honest, we've all done stuff in our lives and been punished and when we're caught it's not always a case of "fair cop guv, let's move on as friends".... there's usually a bit more arguing and a case of feeling hard done by. It's natural.

So, right now, Saracens are genuinely going to be angry for lots of reasons. Angry at being caught, Angry at being caught violating a rule they don't agree with in the first place and probably angry at the other clubs who are now playing hard ball. I can understand that.

In that situation, maybe they're now giving premier rugby a great big "fuck you!".
They know they're over the cap this year, they know they can't get within the cap, so they know they're going down at the end of the season.
If that's the case, why bother opening the books and making it easy for "the man".
Take automatic relegation and make it as difficult as possible for everyone that they feel has wronged them.

It's teenager mentality, but that doesn't mean it's not the reason.