Always a Wasp

Author Topic: EAs BBC - Squad May Be Dismantled  (Read 64783 times)

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: EAs BBC - Squad May Be Dismantled
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2020, 02:02:04 PM »
Agree with both of the above, history should show them for the cheats they are. It's all being glossed over way too lightly in my opinion. The sport I love has been ruined to the point I can no longer watch any neutral games, as they're meaningless as long as the EA's retain an illegally assembled squad. I only watch Wasps games now, through love of my team rather than the game as a whole. There is no punishment too great for what they've done systematically over at least 3, but more likely more seasons.

I recently got rid of BT Sports for this very reason.  I just never watched any matches other than Wasps...and then only when I was in.  I told Virgin Media exactly why I was getting rid.

I saw your previous post when you mentioned this, and I admire you for making the stance. I thought about doing the same, but then changed my mind as I don't want to miss out on Wasps games. Bet365 seem to have stopped streaming and I can only get to a few games (mostly away) a year so that just seems like punishing myself further.

I did email PRL and the RFU to complain that the punishment was not enough, funnily enough, neither bothered replying.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2020, 02:29:48 PM »
If I recall, in cycling there was no winner of the TdF in the Armstrong years.  I would be happy with 'No winner' being recorded for those years, I don't think the second place team should be promoted as the final would have been different had the cheats not been there.  Leaving it blank / 'No Winner' would also serve as a reminder of the consequences of cheating.

I quite agree.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 16, 2020, 02:31:28 PM »
Get NBC Gold. Every single prem and european game plus 6N, 7's etc..
$70 a season..an utter steal when added to 20 quid a year for a VPN.
Might ease the pain

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2020, 02:44:17 PM »
Might ease the pain

That's very interesting. Is that viewable via smart TV? (Sorry, I'm a bit of a technophobe) Is it easy to set up, or do you need to be a bit of an IT boffin?

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 16, 2020, 02:47:26 PM »
If you really want to feel nauseous regarding the EA's, then a quick look at the Guardian Rugby piece today and BTL is enough to turn the strongest stomach.

"Saracen's strong spirit" ffs....."resilience" (outright cheating??)

Mikeuk56

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 16, 2020, 03:01:51 PM »
From the Guardian

"Saracens have donned sackcloth and ashes since being fined more than £5m and docked 35 Premiership points for breaking salary cap regulations in two of the three seasons before the current one. The club initially contested the ruling but even though the written judgment has not been made public and neither side has gone into detail, they seem guilty of trying to exploit a loophole without checking, failing to recognise the spirit of the times had changed."

I seem to have missed the sackcloth and ashes

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 16, 2020, 03:07:43 PM »
Shows how much the writer knows about the regulations since they specifically put a duty to report any possible loophole, so it is not "not checking" it is is "actively dodging".
Sickeningly pathetic article, maybe sponsored by Nige?

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 16, 2020, 04:19:27 PM »
Shows how much the writer knows about the regulations since they specifically put a duty to report any possible loophole, so it is not "not checking" it is is "actively dodging".
Sickeningly pathetic article, maybe sponsored by Nige?

The comments hardly inspire either........

normally, sponsored articles are attributed.......

RobAWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 16, 2020, 04:24:16 PM »
If I recall, in cycling there was no winner of the TdF in the Armstrong years.  I would be happy with 'No winner' being recorded for those years, I don't think the second place team should be promoted as the final would have been different had the cheats not been there.  Leaving it blank / 'No Winner' would also serve as a reminder of the consequences of cheating.

Exactly this!

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 16, 2020, 05:07:52 PM »
Might ease the pain

That's very interesting. Is that viewable via smart TV? (Sorry, I'm a bit of a technophobe) Is it easy to set up, or do you need to be a bit of an IT boffin?
Absolute breeze, the app is excellent.. I run it on my Android TV via the app, you have to check depending on your TV OS. I can also cast it from my phone or tablet to the TV. At worse you can plug in or cast it from your laptop via Chrome browser to the TV.
I use windscribe VPN, 20 quid a year and they have an app for all the above, just connect to the US and it works perfectly.
Honestly, its a giveaway. All games are live, then available on catchup about 45 mins after they have finished..I can't provide a negative. All the rugby I can watch for best part of 80 quid a year.
PM me if you have specific questions...I'm all up for my wasps brethren to save cash especially given the state of the game
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 05:09:26 PM by Hymenoptera »

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 16, 2020, 05:53:48 PM »
Might ease the pain

Absolute breeze, the app is excellent.. I run it on my Android TV via the app, you have to check depending on your TV OS. I can also cast it from my phone or tablet to the TV. At worse you can plug in or cast it from your laptop via Chrome browser to the TV.
I use windscribe VPN, 20 quid a year and they have an app for all the above, just connect to the US and it works perfectly.
Honestly, its a giveaway. All games are live, then available on catchup about 45 mins after they have finished..I can't provide a negative. All the rugby I can watch for best part of 80 quid a year.
PM me if you have specific questions...I'm all up for my wasps brethren to save cash especially given the state of the game

I will also champion NBC Gold...
excellent quality streams all the time, and easy to watch later if you miss it live.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 16, 2020, 05:55:24 PM »

weirdly, i prefer the idea of having a big "No Winner" for each of their years.

I'd prefer that even if it meant that Wasps missed out on it.

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 16, 2020, 08:49:21 PM »
And it all looks to be getting a whole lot worse for the EAs, there seems to be a lot of smoke here for there not to be a fire.

16 January, 7:43pm

Tonight Saracens stand on the brink of automatic relegation from the Premiership after apparently failing in their bid to bring the club under the salary cap.

Meetings were held this week between the Premiership clubs, and while discussions are theoretically ongoing, RugbyPass understands that Saracens are now resigned to being relegated automatically.

Saracens players are being called to an official meeting tomorrow, where club officials will brief them on the discussions.

Rumours circulating English rugby tonight are that an unprecedented move that would see the champions relegated directly to the Championship, regardless of their total league points tally at the end of the current season, is the most likely outcome.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/saracens-stand-on-brink-of-automatic-relegation-as-nightmare-season-set-to-continue

It was fine when I left it.....

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 16, 2020, 08:57:04 PM »
I really hope so. They have done untold damage to the game we love and cannot be allowed to get away with it.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 16, 2020, 09:05:21 PM »
Would make my year...can't see it but hope.