Always a Wasp

Author Topic: EAs BBC - Squad May Be Dismantled  (Read 64819 times)

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: EAs BBC - Squad May Be Dismantled
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2020, 09:07:31 PM »

Oh my god, they're actually gonna do it.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2020, 09:13:03 PM »

Tonight I will be dreaming that they get relegated and the prem gets ring fenced for 3 years.

That'll do nicely

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2020, 09:17:35 PM »
Two things strike me here..IF true.

Firstly, I thought the players would all half their salaries as they love the club so much and play for the shirt, not the cheque.
Secondly, If they are 8only8 650k over as they say, then even just a 10% sweep would cover that...which you'd have thought the players would go for as a group. Tells me they'd be well over 650k if that couldnt be accomplished.

It was always going to be the question wasnt it. If your unable to offload to another team, how can you reduce cap as players have contracts..other than through pay cuts.
Please make this so...

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2020, 09:18:44 PM »

Tonight I will be dreaming that they get relegated and the prem gets ring fenced for 3 years.

That'll do nicely
A bit smutty for this board mate  ;D

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2020, 09:45:12 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it. But I said that when the rumours of the original points deduction and fine began circulating. Finally the full force of what they deserve. Please let this be true.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2020, 09:47:28 PM »

Firstly, I thought the players would all half their salaries as they love the club so much and play for the shirt, not the cheque.
Secondly, If they are 8only8 650k over as they say, then even just a 10% sweep would cover that...which you'd have thought the players would go for as a group. Tells me they'd be well over 650k if that couldnt be accomplished.

It was always going to be the question wasnt it. If your unable to offload to another team, how can you reduce cap as players have contracts..other than through pay cuts.
Please make this so...

I guess that if they haven't cut the salary bill 4/11ths into the season, and they were £650M over the cap at the beginning of the season, then they'd have to cut £1,137M now, to get under it by the end of the season.  With players under contract, I don't see how that's going to happen.  My maths might be wrong but I don't think my logic is.

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2020, 09:48:43 PM »
BBC running this now. 
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

Chilham

• View Profile

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2020, 09:53:32 PM »
Premiership Rugby showing it's teeth the day that Wray goes as a director of Sarries.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2020, 09:54:10 PM »
Beeb hedging its comments.
Let me tell you something cucumber

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2020, 09:56:31 PM »
BBC running this now.

Yep: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51143657

Wow - that its come to this is sad for the game - but I am not said for the cheats......and I have very little doubts that the players must unless complete morons, have been at least complicit

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 16, 2020, 10:07:43 PM »

Please make this so...
You make a valid point Chilham

I guess that if they haven't cut the salary bill 4/11ths into the season, and they were £650M over the cap at the beginning of the season, then they'd have to cut £1,137M now, to get under it by the end of the season.  With players under contract, I don't see how that's going to happen.  My maths might be wrong but I don't think my logic is.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2020, 10:14:07 PM »

Nothing wrong with the logic - but even £1m would be loose change for nigel

I wonder if the guy brought in has done some maths and alongside the basic over cap payments - perhaps they've found when adding in "Co-investments" "image rights" and "front loading" and anything else they've thought of as a "wheeze" its whole lot more than that

I'm only wondering as the range of internationals and Lions they can put out/have in the squad is still materially way beyond any other club in the Prem

You look at Exeter or Glaws and you see the sort of player range you'd expect and know Exeter are the product of good training. Hell, they apparently had to be really careful getting a new FB, whereas the EA's with Goode and Williams, just went out an bought Daly ffs....a RWC Finalist and Lions selection.....

Will make for a better Prem

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2020, 10:18:08 PM »
Spreading  - now on Mailonline (the people who started it) the byline is all their rugby writers.
Let me tell you something cucumber

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 16, 2020, 10:18:58 PM »
Is there a salary cap in the Championship?