Always a Wasp

Author Topic: I just despair  (Read 7081 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: I just despair
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2020, 08:24:34 PM »
Statement next week.

It was a really disappointing result. Given everything that has happened this week, we still managed to blow the game as a result of two individual errors.

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2020, 09:32:25 PM »
It's been a case of cock-ups on the field now matched by cock-ups off it.

It might be the case that the new broom, whoever it is, whenever they arrive, will be effective and clean things up.

If they don't, we might have to put our faith in someone else doing a Sarries to prevent a relegation fight next season.

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2020, 09:58:06 PM »
What a generally miserable thread. As Heathen said, two mistakes from a win.
First half was generally good, especially our line-out performance against Leicester throw-ins. Young, especially in the personal situation, and Willis were generally excellent. So was the second row. Umaga showed his potential. Bassett had a good game.

Re Dai, the various comments on TV including from Dallaglio was that he had left. The decision seems to have been taken because we now know that we will not be relegated. In employment terms, there will be no Board announcement until the deal has been signed. That’s standard practice & employers have to keep their mouths shut and put up with the questions from employees - &, in this case, us.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2020, 10:57:25 AM »
Agree Welsh Wasp. I think there is more to be positive about than negative. Squad moving in the right direction. Some fluency returning in attack. Training ground etc etc. The DoR scenario needs sorting urgently as it's a mess and DY leaves big shoes to fill.

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2020, 11:01:48 AM »
There were three game changing moments for me, all could have been avoided; failing to capitalise fully on the yellow card, the Kibirige 'drop' and the forward pass to them from Umaga, all our won making...I would add the punch as a fourth but that was only attributable to Tom Youngs foul play, who will be cited I hope and banned.
It was fine when I left it.....