Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Dai chopped??  (Read 29965 times)

Davidabricot

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Dai chopped!!
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2020, 01:04:01 PM »
On one hand it was foreseeable. On the other hand, thi seems so sudden!

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2020, 01:10:00 PM »
Its the suddenness & how seemingly unprepared the club were for it which is the puzzling thing.

the only scenario I can think of that fits is as mentioned elsewhere, The Management have offered Dai something, a change of role or a new coaching structure perhaps, & he is so unhappy with it that he's walked out got in his car & gone home, or to his lawyers office!

I guess it might be reconcilable, hence the seemingly temporary nature of the announcement....

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2020, 01:11:40 PM »
Or maybe an urgent medical problem.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2020, 01:14:11 PM »
This smacks of the Cov telegraph publishing a story before the Club have prepared and are ready to publish a formal statement.

Not exactly a professional way to manage Club Staff and senior staff at that by leaving the internet to speculate about the why's. 

If he has been forced to take gardening leave then say so, if its for personal reasons say that but leaving it open speculation is bad. Fans don't need to know every last detail but allowing speculation about why this has happened is just poor to Dai.

CT are now showing "Dai Young's Wasps career in pictures", bit odd or OTT at present?

Particularly as the last picture says his last game in charge was the defeat to Worcester. Which is news to everyone.

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2020, 01:29:17 PM »
This smacks of the Cov telegraph publishing a story before the Club have prepared and are ready to publish a formal statement.

Not exactly a professional way to manage Club Staff and senior staff at that by leaving the internet to speculate about the why's. 

If he has been forced to take gardening leave then say so, if its for personal reasons say that but leaving it open speculation is bad. Fans don't need to know every last detail but allowing speculation about why this has happened is just poor to Dai.

CT are now showing "Dai Young's Wasps career in pictures", bit odd or OTT at present?

Particularly as the last picture says his last game in charge was the defeat to Worcester. Which is news to everyone.

Late TMO ruling?

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Dai chopped??
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2020, 01:43:22 PM »
Late TMO ruling?

If JP Doyle had been reffing I wouldn't put it past him!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2020, 02:03:48 PM »
As I said before this is very strange from the club - 2 pm and still no media announcement to fans/STH etc. I have seen some complaining about speculation but the club could kill it all off with a reasonable statement (no need for specifics). Silence is deadening.
Let me tell you something cucumber

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2020, 02:15:47 PM »
Silence is deadening

And indicative of something unresolved. If it was anything straight forward it could have been announced by now.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2020, 02:16:02 PM »
Depending on the circumstances ane we don't know what the reason(s) are for this sudden change, it could be a tad awkward for Thomas.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2020, 02:42:59 PM »
Its pretty clear something is going on at the club. My guess is that the eventual solution is not quite finalised and so the club cannot comment any more than they have.

However this plays out I hope it is amicable all round. We all owe Dai a massive debt of gratitude for all he has done over the years.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2020, 02:43:47 PM »
The word Interim is the important one here

Two things come to mind:

1) It's a health issue

2) Rob Howley in June? (or A.N.Other ;))

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2020, 02:51:42 PM »
Wouldn't want Howley as head coach though.  If it's to do with Howley then I'd have thought working with Dai would be a positive for him.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2020, 02:52:33 PM »
The spin in the local news media is that it is a consequence of the poor results.

Alec Blackman (a local BBC radio presenter who reports on rugby) said:

' ...  results show that, of their last 46 games in all competitions, Wasps have won just 13 under Young's stewardship.'

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2020, 03:03:47 PM »
The spin in the local news media is that it is a consequence of the poor results.

Alec Blackman (a local BBC radio presenter who reports on rugby) said:

' ...  results show that, of their last 46 games in all competitions, Wasps have won just 13 under Young's stewardship.'

Couldn't do much more in the most recent game - a 5 bonus point win away.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2020, 03:09:06 PM »
Agreed, but a decision may already have been made higher up, but was contingent on finding an alternative. I doubt Blackett is that.