Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Falcons v Trailfinders  (Read 3240 times)

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Falcons v Trailfinders
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2020, 05:21:52 PM »
I think they know they're not ready for the Premiership but are considering legal action just for the sake of being denied the chance of winning the league and the financial benefits and kudos that would bring.

It could be argued that makes them even more selfish to threaten the RFU if things don't go their way given the unlikelihood of them overhauling Falcons.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2020, 05:27:49 PM »
As stated, unless they can find a suitable stadium to share they won't go up, and this needs to be in-place soon.

However where will they share?

As stated Brentford is out. That makes the nearest grounds Chelsea, QPR, Fulham and Wembley. Can't see any of those willing to share. Nor can I see Wycombe Wanderers (still moaning about the effect on the pitch that Wasps had) or Oxford (once bitten ...)

The next nearest that has the required capacity is Barnet Copthall (used to be called something else, and also used by another rugby club ;D)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2020, 05:42:39 PM »
Always Reading!
Let me tell you something cucumber

WaspsUpNorth

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2020, 07:36:44 PM »
As I wrote at the start of this thread, I'm looking forward to visiting Kingston Park next season (whenever that may be), and would hope our sport can avoid any further bad publicity that may arise from a pointless legal wrangle over this matter.  Subsequently, debating where Ealing could play in the Premiership is purely academic, though I guess it does fill some of the void during these sad and worrying times.