Always a Wasp

Author Topic: We were wrong- Jimmy  (Read 5499 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: We were wrong- Jimmy
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2020, 04:52:08 PM »
Indeed.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2020, 05:29:15 PM »
I made the same assumption Jonny. The reason is the JG announcement said something along the lines of "finishing off with". Now that may be just for the working week but I read it as in totality. There's been fabulous news already around lots of great extensions but being greedy I'd love to keep Shields and Carr.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2020, 05:38:07 PM »
Lets see what next week brings, I live in hope of more good news, don't spoil it for me  8)

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2020, 05:42:23 PM »
Given we're quite convinced Carr and Sopoaga are staying, I reckon we're getting more announcements next week, surely.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2020, 06:07:45 PM »
Also, if today has taught us anything is we can't read too much into Wasps social media! Last season when Gopperth Re-signed they made it sound like one last season, so I assumed that meant retirement. They seem not to realise how easily their words can mislead us.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2020, 06:14:15 PM »
It seems like great PR to me, its got supporters genuinely excited & waiting with expectation every day for news.

Really good work IMO

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2020, 06:39:20 PM »
Absolutely agree that it's exciting waiting each day for who gets announced.

What I'm saying is when they say "to round up 2 week's worth of announcements" sounds misleading, and it might not be the case at all.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2020, 06:39:32 PM »
I made the same assumption Jonny. The reason is the JG announcement said something along the lines of "finishing off with". Now that may be just for the working week but I read it as in totality. There's been fabulous news already around lots of great extensions but being greedy I'd love to keep Shields and Carr.
The FB post said:

To round off an amazing 2 weeks of news... Jimmy Gopperth has extended his contract with the club.

All that means is that this is the last announcement this week. More to come is what I expect, to make it an amazing month (May) of good news (off the pitch).

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2020, 06:56:52 PM »
Nelly, completely agree

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2020, 07:01:06 PM »
Conclusions being jumped at methinks.
Let me tell you something cucumber

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2020, 07:18:49 PM »
The FB post said:

To round off an amazing 2 weeks of news... Jimmy Gopperth has extended his contract with the club.

All that means is that this is the last announcement this week. More to come is what I expect, to make it an amazing month (May) of good news (off the pitch).

Yeah just an assumption really, imagine there will be more to come at some stage but thought the club might have said ‘keep an eye out next week’ or something like that if there was more to come immediately.
Seemed to build to a crescendo of good news over the last two weeks so I’m just guessing that the good news might be over for a while.
Getting back to training and some playing news will take over soon hopefully

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2020, 07:37:56 PM »
Given we're quite convinced Carr and Sopoaga are staying, I reckon we're getting more announcements next week, surely.

I would guess Nizaam wouldn't be doing any negotiating during Ramadan and with wasps Twitter using the blurred Lima picture today would then be odd if he wasn't announced as staying.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2020, 08:06:29 PM »
Well they've got us discussing Wasps so job done. Surely you'd build to a crescendo via Young - Willis - Gopperth. Not sure you can top that. We'll see. Be great to see Sopoaga re-sign. I think Blackett will have an eye on playing him 15 but I think we'll see him at 10 a fair bit as I suspect Umaga, as well as needing breaks, may be away internationally as well.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2020, 12:40:13 PM »
Facebook showing current re-signers as well. Lots of talk about Sopoaga and Carr staying - I really hope they both do. But just as crucial for me is Shields. I think his performances have been largely underrated but I think he's a seriously good player.