Always a Wasp

Author Topic: This weeks games  (Read 4022 times)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
This weeks games
« on: April 14, 2017, 08:52:30 AM »
Quins vs Chiefs

OK, so we all know how we'd like this one to go.  Chiefs also missing/resting a number of players.  For me it all depends which Quins turns up, if they click (which is more likely at home), I can see them turning this chiefs side over.  Typically chiefs turn to their pack to win these games, but they're missing a lot of bulk (even with Ewers back).  Could be an interesting one.

Warriors vs Bath

Warriors win would be nice.  A warriors win virtually kills off Bristols chances of survival (not completely but I doubt they'll be hopeful), and increases our chance of facing tigers in a home semi, not only an awesome crowd, but a game I suspect we could more easily win as big game players come back in for Bath. What do I think will happen?  I reckon Warriors could take this, with Hooguaard (sp?) fit, they're a different and much more dangerous side.

Tigers vs Falcons

I think Tigers take this, Falcons are looking better and better, but like most growing sides, are far better at home than away, and Welford road is a tough old place.

Glaws vs Sharks

Tough one to call, very tough.  Both teams are dangerous when playing well, but will they play well?  Huge game for Glaws to try and push on to top 6.

Bristol vs Wasps

Bristol scored against Exeter, they'll be able to score against us.  I suspect we'll see another high scoring affair, hopefully with us scoring more than them! 5 points for us, 1 or 2 for them I guess.  What I'd like to see from us is a bit more accuracy, and better aggressive defence.

Saints vs Sarries

Another one where we know who we want to win.  Sarries resting a few, but I don't see Saints winning this.  There's a huge difference between scoring against Wasps and scoring against Sarries.  And Sarries attack has been looking better and better.  Would love for a Saints win, especially if we can combine it with a win against Bristol, since top 2 will be virtually guaranteed by then.  Saints also chasing top 6, and still not out of top 4.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: This weeks games
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 06:02:04 PM »
It would be great if Sinners and Hardlywins did us a favour by beating our top of the table rivals but I just can't see either of them pulling it off.

Not too worried who finishes 4th as Barf and Tiggers would both be equally capable of beating us on their day.

Mark.e7

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 09:39:26 PM »
Hardlywins have lost against a determined Chiefs team :( The boys are gonna have to be on top of their game at Brizzle 🐝🐝🐝

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 07:55:22 AM »
On reflection, maybe it is better for the team to have a little pressure, three dead rubbers might not be great preparation for knock out rugby.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 08:28:17 AM »
Keeping the boys on their toes isn't a bad thing, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable if I knew we had the home semi sorted.  Sarries slip up mean they almost certainly have to play us or exeter away, which I think is our best chance at the trophy.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 02:59:08 PM »
Decided out of the 3 games on now, I'm going to watch Tigers.  I reckon their our most likely potential semi final opposition, Sale vs Glaws isn't really relevant to us, and as much as I reckon the Bath Wuss game will be interesting, Bath are still missing a lot of guys that should be coming back I believe.