Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wade and the lions  (Read 4070 times)

Doctorkmt

• Wasps Rugby Fan, part time troll
    • View Profile
Wade and the lions
« on: April 15, 2017, 06:44:13 AM »
I've been looking at paddy power for a whilelooking at their odds for people making the lions squad. I had an acca for daly,stander and launchbury which is looking hopeful.
Wade was not on their list, so I asked them for odds.
They came back with 7/2 (now 4/1)  which I personally think it's awfully short considering he's not in the England squad!

I personally think he's getting picked. He's been injury cover before, he's on fire this season, he's much improved defensively and no winger put their hand up for selection in the 6 nations other than L williams in my opinion.

Shame that they didn't offer me 30/1+

@doctorkmt

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wade and the lions
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 06:53:31 AM »
Hogg, Williams, Daly, Seymour, Watson, North.

There's a number of starting international wingers that leaves out too.  I don't see Wade on the first plane.  I don't want him to be either.  I want him to have all his chances in Argentina and show Eddie what he can do against a good opponent, not be dirt tracking in NZ in a bodged up side who are just there to make the numbers up like last time.  Poor guy probably couldn't have told you what day it was, let alone what time, when he played in Aus after his flight from Arg.

Doctorkmt

• Wasps Rugby Fan, part time troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 07:21:25 AM »
Hogg and daly should not be playing on the writing imo. Watson and Seymour should be nowhere near the squad and wade mugged off north last weekend...

What annoys me is that if wade was born in Auckland, he'd be playing against the lions this summer!
@doctorkmt

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 07:29:49 AM »
I was listing the back 3 players I expected to travel.  Hogg as first choice fullback, maybe Williams.  I'd expect North to slow Savea more than Wade, and whilst I'd back Wade to burn Savea much like he did North, I don't believe the Lions would be playing the same way Wasps do.  I just don't see Wade going to the Lions, and certainly not in the test side, and if he's not in the test sides, I'd rather he was with Eddie, showing Eddie his value.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 11:01:51 AM »
I am with Raggs 100%. I would not want Gats to take Wadey unless he intends to start him in a test. I would far prefer EJ takes him to Argentina and let him set the pampas alight.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!