Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all!  (Read 5194 times)

Chilham

• View Profile
Morning all!
« on: April 16, 2017, 06:17:06 AM »
The lovely Mrs. Chilham and I had planned to travel to Bristol for the weekend and had booked a nice hotel some time ago. Unfortunately, we had to cancel, so I'll be searching for a good match-stream later.

We have a houseful with both kids visiting for the weekend.  Daughter from not too far down the road and son from his Army post in Germany.  Confit duck ready to go for straight after the match.  Speaking of which, I'm wondering which two teams will turn up today.  The Bristol who beat Bath and push title-challengers, Chiefs all the way, or the the Bristol that leaks 40-50 points at home to Sequins and Sinners.  Will it be the Wasps who force-it, drop the ball over the line and concede tries at will, or the Wasps where you never know where the next threat is going to come from.  Maybe a little of both. 

Either way, a five-point win would steady the nerves and set us up for a tough couple of closing matches.

Going out for a ride this morning.  Safe travels to those heading to Bristol.

Come on ... you Wasps too-loo-rye-aye!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 06:48:06 AM by Chilham »

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 06:29:44 AM »
Morning Chilham et al!

Bit of a different day to the norm for me, half days work from home (holidays in Israel are a day and a half :D), then potentially off to friends (my wife and son will be going, it depends on if I've finished work if I go).  Could mean that I miss the game, but I plan on fully charging my phone, so at worst I should be able to watch on my phone.  Chance my host may be happy enough to watch too, he's watched an international game with me before, and the other husband that'll be there could be interested in watching too (as could his son, monstrously big kid, bit chubby, but plays water polo and is very fit, trying to get him to play rugby!).

Bristol need 12 points now I believe.  2 5 point wins and a double bonus, or 3 straight wins.  Of course, that assumes Wuss get no more points.  They'll be going hell for leather, but I reckon if we get some points on the board early, their heads will drop.  Unfortunately we seem to typically go down by 3 before we wake up.  Still, should be a 5 pointer.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 06:43:33 AM »
VV what's the policy on posting links to streams here?

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 08:35:35 AM »
Raggs, go for it!

Morning Raggs, Chilham, and everyone.

I'll be trying to watch the game among the usual family commitments I have at Easter. On the plus side there will be loads of other adults to help with the kids, but on the minus side I suspect I'll be sitting down to dinner at about 3pm...

Ah well, what will be will be. I fully expect us to win this comfortably, but I've been a wasps supporter for long enough to not take any win for granted.

#COYW!

Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 08:48:45 AM »
cicfree will have it on as it is on NBC Gold. If you know how to kill the popups without going to a pr0n site. Being a web software programmer and support manager, I find it easy. Use the browser Inspector (on Firefox it is Ctrl + Shift + I), identify the HTML container for the add and delete it (simply hit the delete key).

Anyway ...

'Morning All'. From a sunny, blue skied South Warwickshire. The Bluebell Wood across the road is looking fabulous, even if the owner has decided to close it all off with barbed wire and start logging the trees. Can't make Bristol, so Internet it is. Mrs NWW and Miss NWW will be with me at my father's 16th Century farm house outside Warwick for our 'traditional' Easter Roast Leg of Lamb lunch. His Orchard is full of flowers as usual; and the bees are everywhere. Life doesn't get better than this, except if Wasps later on brought 5 Eggs back from their Egg hunt in Bristol.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 09:27:08 AM »
Has pop-ups, and then on the video box itself, there are (for me) two ads over the top, wait for one to time out (30 seconds or so) and then the second should be closeable (or just ignore it).  The YumTV offer, where it says HD, is genuinely HD, bloody brilliant! Uses RugbyPass feed, so no pre/mid/post match stuff, but has all the games regardless of if BT is carrying it.

https://www.vipbox.nu/sports/rugby.html

doog

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 09:48:01 AM »
Morning folks, and thanks VV for a forum that actually looks like the real thing. Lovely sunny day in Maidenhead, lots of singing birds, the bells of All Saints ringing in the distance and a riot of pink blossom outside the window from the flowering cherry. Let's hope the day continues in this vein, with a comfortable 5 pointer for the lads trip to Briz, and $arries tripping up in MK to really put the icing on it. Will try and sneak some watching in on Bet365 whilst doing the Easter lunch for my Mum and H. Happy Easter.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 10:17:02 AM »
I'd point out that the vipbox service also runs on android!  Html5 streams on their mobile site.  Ads can be really problematic, overly so at times (don't sign up, download etc etc) but the quality again is great, and I've watched a fair few games on my phone thanks to it :).

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 10:52:40 AM »
Morning Chilham,  morning all. Best wishes to you and yours.

Bright start in our North Devon holiday cottage, hopefully more of that in the Bristol area as well. The dogs paws are better, but this week the dog walk, paper and coffee start got hijacked by an Easter egg hunt! Hope to follow results on twitter etc. Maybe even sneaky radio if we are out and about!

I think the 'Morning all' feature was started by Wombles on the Wasps board, hope he comes over.

On paper, this should be a walkover. The fact it is nothing of the sort is a real testament to the premiership. Here's to a great game and may the best team win, but, you know, COYW!

'Not so'

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 11:21:48 AM »
Morning all. Just off to the In-Laws now to do our Eastery duty. Will be pushing to leave ASAP once we are there to get in front of BT and hope for regular updates and our trys shown in that little pop up box that they do from the games that they aren't showing. I've given up with the BBC local radio as the commentary is dreadful.
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.