Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Bristol game thread  (Read 8252 times)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Bristol game thread
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 04:42:53 PM »
First you contact your bank and ask them to watch for suspicious activity on your card.

There is no need for any donation, and subscription or signup.  Anything you signed up to was an advertisement, and potentially (not guaranteed) a bit dodgy.

Closing the ads can sometimes just be waiting for them to timeout, sometimes spotting a tiny x etc.

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 04:43:23 PM »
Well that's it and Brizzle are gone.
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 04:54:50 PM »
Well you were correct Raggs. Sarries did it again.
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 06:45:08 PM »
I feel slightly bad about it being that game which sealed the fate of Bristol. I know it was the whole season that did it, but even so. No doubt they will be back.

Sarries and Exeter have built quite a psychological barrier to overcome,  you just never know when they are beaten.

Worried about Nathan, any news or sightings of him after coming off?

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2017, 06:54:31 PM »
I agree about having sealed Bristol's fate.  I've been rooting for them since they signed TV2, more so since they got Siale and secured Alapti for next season too.

I thought we started a little to arrogantly.  We handed them the first try by trying silly things that were unlikely to come off and I think that osrt of thing would be our undoing against a better team.  Me managed to settle down a little and play through the phases after that.  It was nice to see a variety of different sorts of try being scored.  But I still felt we were trying too hard.  Extra long miss-passes and so on to try and force the score when the opprtunities just arrive by themselves when we keep playing the ball, passing it down the line and applying the pressure.

I can fully see why Dai started emptying the bench early once the game was away, but to be honest I wonder if we'd been better served by keeping the team on and showing a bit of ruthlessness.  As it was Cips and Robson seemed to add very little and I wish we'd stuck with Simmo and Gopps.  Alapati on the other hand showed some form again, I think he'd going to be a big loss :(

But 5 points secured all the same.  On to the next game now!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2017, 07:29:26 PM »
Worried about Nathan, any news or sightings of him after coming off?

He has a cut near the eye with stitches and he will have to follow the HIA, but he should be OK for the Quins game. His good looks are gone for now.