Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Good news about Bristol  (Read 4443 times)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Good news about Bristol
« on: September 07, 2020, 12:45:32 PM »
So looking at their last 2 lineups (including the one just released today), they're going to have a few key players at best on the bench for our game.

Benched or not involved: Charles Piutau, Radradra, Siale Piutau (if available), Sheedy, Sinckler, Vui, Hughes.

Though I think a few of those could probably come on at half time and be fine for minutes.

Still, could be useful for us to get started.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Good news about Bristol
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 12:51:04 PM »
Plus remember that they have a Euro Quarter the next weekend and Lam is targeting that silverware.
Let me tell you something cucumber

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 12:55:55 PM »
Many of us felt the same about Sale and that didn't go so well.  Also, I suspect Sarries fans would have said something similar last week and we all know how that went! :)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 01:09:20 PM »
I'll  be happy if Radradra doesn't play for no other reason than it means I won't have to hear how fantastic he is for 80 minutes.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 01:17:55 PM »
Many of us felt the same about Sale and that didn't go so well.  Also, I suspect Sarries fans would have said something similar last week and we all know how that went! :)

Oh I know, but I also think we won't be found with our pants down twice in the same way. Might even get a different ref...

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 01:18:29 PM »
Radrada v Malakai. I'd pay to see that 😆
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 02:13:41 PM »
Several matches this year have seen weakened teams not look so week after the final whistle, so I am not counting on anything if they do rest players.....

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 02:46:33 PM »
Several matches this year have seen weakened teams not look so week after the final whistle, so I am not counting on anything if they do rest players.....

Hopefully this is the 'new' world in English rugby (more as it has been in Wales and Ireland) where it is a squad. This is certainly the Exeter model. Not reliant on Galacticos, more a squad of interchangeable players, so any matchday 23 doesn't fall apart through the lack of one player (as it often did for us when Cips was out). No more counting your chickens. Even if Sale have a small squad, they have academy players that can step in. We seem to be proving that too. I do wonder if we should keep up this squad rotation even after we go back to one game a week. It would make us very much stronger and motivate the younger players.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 03:41:07 PM »
Siale up before the beak tonight. Good he really thumped Kitchener who is up for his red.
Let me tell you something cucumber

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 03:56:44 PM »

Hopefully this is the 'new' world in English rugby (more as it has been in Wales and Ireland) where it is a squad. This is certainly the Exeter model. Not reliant on Galacticos, more a squad of interchangeable players, so any matchday 23 doesn't fall apart through the lack of one player (as it often did for us when Cips was out). No more counting your chickens. Even if Sale have a small squad, they have academy players that can step in. We seem to be proving that too. I do wonder if we should keep up this squad rotation even after we go back to one game a week. It would make us very much stronger and motivate the younger players.

Plus one. Same idea, could only be done if we don't have egos. Sounds very much like we have a good team spirit who might buy into more rotation.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2020, 04:29:25 PM »

Plus one. Same idea, could only be done if we don't have egos. Sounds very much like we have a good team spirit who might buy into more rotation.

Sounds great but mustn't get carried away :)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2020, 04:55:14 PM »
I think it's where every club would love to be, with squad depth to allow for rotation and keep everyone that bit fitter.  Hard part is making those bold selections and not being afraid to throw the academy lads in when the time is right.  From a Wasps point of view, we unearthed some real gems from the academy back around 2011/12 out of necessity when the squad was down to the bare bones.  Now again it's being forced on us, this time by the heavy schedule.  Definite lessons to be learned as no-one has let us down, quite the opposite in fact and we're now spoilt for choice in a number of positions.   The "reserves" are 2 from 2 since the restart, while the "first team" are 2 from 3! 

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2020, 05:21:29 PM »
I really believe Radradra  needs some rest right now ....... and Nathan Hughes......and Charles Piatau.....and Stephen Luatua....😂😉

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2020, 05:27:46 PM »
Yeah I hope we don't get carried away in next few teams. We have just proven how a well coached and driven team can beat a team containing British and Irish Lions. It makes our rivals arguably more dangerous.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2020, 05:50:21 PM »
I really believe Radradra  needs some rest right now ....... and Nathan Hughes......and Charles Piatau.....and Stephen Luatua....😂😉

No I think they need to play the full 80 tomorrow night. Sunday is for rest.