Always a Wasp

Author Topic: What's your favourite pod cast?  (Read 5368 times)

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
What's your favourite pod cast?
« on: April 18, 2017, 09:00:26 PM »
I really enjoy the Flats and Shanks pod cast, quite like Five live, but struggling with the Egg Chasers and wish I liked Andy Goode's one more than I do.

I have a pod cast app so I can download and listen to casts on car journeys for work through the car audio.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favourite pod cast?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 09:24:03 PM »
I don't know why, but I find it really difficult to listen to podcasts. I can't find myself connecting. I like small, two or three minutes at most.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 06:49:04 AM »
Yep.  I'm the same as Nelly'.  Usually get bored with them.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 08:09:48 AM »
Seems like there's a theme here.  I've never really found a podcast on any subject that I followed.  Once or twice I've made it through an entire episode, but I'm more an audiobook person if I'm driving any distance.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 08:15:42 AM »
Listen to eggchasers, flats and shanks and rugby pod.  Occassionally BT sport podcast (since I can't watch the show).

Have tried Alex Corbiseiros pod, but gave up on it after it just seemed to be a variety of people interviewing Corbs.  Tried Full Contact too, but whilst it has some interesting parts, it's less accessible and I disagree with some of what they're saying too much :D.  Also tried the wasps podcast thing, but found it too opinionated and complaining about the ref etc.

I would enjoy a podcast that had a bit more analysis, rather than chats with the boys, which is what most seem to become.

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 09:04:37 AM »
Currently I subscribe to The Rugby Pod but previously I tried Eggchasers. The problem that I found with Eggchasers was that they were long and sometimes came twice a week so I had trouble keeping up with them. I tend to listen to them at work as we have an open plan office and it keeps the noise and distraction out.
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 09:16:39 AM »
Eggchasers comes out twice a week if there's domestic and internationals going on, otherwise it'll be one or the other.

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 11:29:41 AM »
I like the Blood&Mud podcast, although it is long, often over 1.5 hours each week. And the editor has an online feud with Hask that leads him to lay in to young James rather a lot. I find it funny, but some might see it as Wasps bashing.

Horses for courses with Pods I think. The 2 B&M guys seem to have a similar sense of humour to me to I find it funny. Friends of mine can't get on with it at all though. Makes the commuting pass a little easier though.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 12:13:05 PM »
I was drawn to them due to the looping news and lack of rugby sports news on the radio when driving (can understand, given the popularity of football). There would definitely be a place for one in the format of a news bulletin with a little analysis once per week during the season. In fairness I would probably already know about Wasps, but would still (usually) enjoy hearing about it.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 10:30:33 PM »
Can someone please explain what a podcast actually is? It seems to me that it is something on the radio rather than TV. If that is the case, what is different about it?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 11:01:07 PM »
Yes, they are radio (or audio) shows that you download over the Internet.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 09:50:59 AM »
Thanks, notso. All I have is a desktop PC that is over 7 years old and runs Windows 7. No tablet, no smartphone, no laptop. Can I access them with my internet connection and, if so, how?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 09:59:23 AM »
Thanks, notso. All I have is a desktop PC that is over 7 years old and runs Windows 7. No tablet, no smartphone, no laptop. Can I access them with my internet connection and, if so, how?

Technically all a podcast is is an audio file you can download to any machine.  So as long as your PC can access the internet (clearly it can or you wouldn't be here) and has speakers you should be perfectly able to listen to them.  All you need is the link to follow.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 01:13:30 PM »
Here is a link to some rugby podcasts, hope it works;
https://player.fm/featured/rugby

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile