Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Argentina 2017  (Read 4367 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Argentina 2017
« on: April 19, 2017, 03:15:32 PM »
So now we know which Wasp will be going to New Zeakand with the Lions, who do you think we might see in White this year on the Argentina tour?

I's expect Mullan, Taylor, Launch, Hasks, and Hughes to stay in the squad, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see either/or Robson and Simmo there too.  Possibly JCW too.  Depending on fitness Jones and Miller might be in with a shout.  And as to Wade, I have given up expecting him to get the recognition he deserves.  The man is electric, terrifies defenders, and scores tries from absolutely nothing for fun.  How he doesnt already have 20 odd caps is beyond me.

What do you think?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Argentina 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 03:32:16 PM »
Dai mystified why Launch wasn't picked for The Lions. Me too. As I said on the Lions thread will Eddie Jones blood some youngsters on the Argentina tour with a long term view of 2019? Would be nice for our lads to have a long rest over the Summer and recharge their batteries.
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 03:58:50 PM »
Argentina is going to be tough as hell, and with 16? English players already with the Lions, I don't think we really need to build depth other than that we've been forced to (maybe fullback).  Go with the normal starters (Hartley, Launch, Hask, Robshaw) and then fill in the gaps, and use some of the space to check out some more 15 options.

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 06:00:46 AM »
I am expecting quite a different squad this time round. I think we are entering phase 2 of EJ's 2, 2, 3 plan. This is where he intends to develop his RWC squad so we may start to see the shape of things to come. That said I don't expect to see Wade there.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 09:41:30 AM »
No Wade isn't shocking, no Robson though... no Spencer or Simpson either.

What the hell Eddie?

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 09:52:21 AM »
Well now we know, Hasks, Launch, Hughes and Mullan.
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 09:54:05 AM »
It always seems odd that our forwards get more international call ups whilst less so from our backs, albeit Daly now bucking that trend. Is it that international teams go for mobile forwards and bigger backs?

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 09:55:21 AM »
No Taylor (only 2 hookers), no JCW (low on props too I believe).

Can't believe no Robson myself, but then I wouldn't.

Doctorkmt

• Wasps Rugby Fan, part time troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 10:55:08 AM »
"Best squad available" rubbish eddie. Total rubbish.
@doctorkmt

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 10:57:37 AM »
Proper pre-season for more of our guys then.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 11:01:32 AM »
Forwards: Will Collier (Harlequins, uncapped), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 4 caps), Ben Curry (Sale Sharks, uncapped), Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, uncapped), Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 3 caps), Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 1 cap), Dylan Hartley - captain (Northampton Saints, 84 caps), James Haskell (Wasps, 75 caps), Paul Hill (Northampton Saints, 5 caps), Nathan Hughes (Wasps, 8 caps), Nick Isiekwe (Saracens, uncapped), Joe Launchbury (Wasps, 42 caps), Matt Mullan (Wasps, 15 caps), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins, 55 caps), Sam Underhill (Ospreys/Bath Rugby, uncapped), Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs, uncapped), Tom Wood (Northampton Saints, 50 caps)

Backs: Mike Brown - vice-captain (Harlequins, 60 caps), Danny Care - vice captain (Harlequins, 71 caps), Joe Cokanasiga (London Irish, uncapped), Nathan Earle (Saracens, uncapped), George Ford - vice captain (Bath Rugby, 35 caps), Piers Francis (Auckland Blues/Northampton Saints, uncapped), Sam James (Sale Sharks, uncapped), Alex Lozowski (Saracens, uncapped), Harry Mallinder (Northampton Saints, uncapped), Joe Marchant (Harlequins, uncapped), Jack Maunder (Exeter Chiefs, uncapped), Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby, 25 caps), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 4 caps), Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks, uncapped

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 03:45:12 PM »
I am frankly astonished by this, and more than a little disappointed.  There is no doubt Eddie is a great coach, he worked wonders with what was essentially Lancaster's squad.  But I'm really starting to question his judgement now.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here