Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Ricoh seats  (Read 3796 times)

Covguy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Ricoh seats
« on: April 23, 2017, 12:21:16 AM »
Hello all. I have it on good authority an order has been placed for wasps coloured seats to be installed.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ricoh seats
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 06:33:08 AM »
When? Next season?

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 08:08:52 AM »
That's a surprise, I really hope that this is due to a sponsorship deal requiring it. I have never felt that seat colour was important and understand it is important to supporters of CCFC. Perhaps it means that there is no chance of a deal for them to play at the 'RICOH' (or new name) next season.

I hope I still have a soft seat after the change, might sound silly, but that was one of the reasons I picked the location and  price band.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 08:33:35 AM »
With no CCFC looking possible, and hopefully a new sponsor, a very large number of seats are going to be changed anyway, wouldn't surprise me if they just go the whole hog.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 11:51:13 AM »
Well, one has to wonder about quite a few things, and the seats just one of them. To my recollection, they are quite easy to remove and replace, and in that bulk not too expensive.

What about the CCFC badges and banners?

A new, bigger, better resolution screen. I 'heard' one is due to be installed above Block 34 (the corner of West and North stands). Maybe the one above Block 15 could be made better also?

Decent stadium match clocks. The two TINY ones (one above North block and the other above the corner of South and West blocks) are seriously pathetic. I know there are also sometimes sponsored clocks at the ends of the hoardings as well.

The concrete. The Ricoh is soulless. The flooring should be more like a mall. The walls need to be decorated, maybe some big poster displays, like a Hall of Fame type treatment, maybe celebrating the 150th Year. The various beverage/food stands need to be more welcoming. And has nobody in the UK heard of Turbo taps for beer pouring?

The toilets, especially the ladies ones, need serious work. My daughter says the ones in East Block are the worst she has been to at a big venue (she goes to loads of concerts). Her comment/word was MIRRORS.

... and we still need a stadium name rights deal. I do not think the Ricoh deal brings much in now.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 02:05:44 PM »
Not much can be done about clocks - two are supplied by PRL and are required to be used. The same is true of the Longines video clocks used during ERCC matches. Must admit they are much better in that they can actually be seen!

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 02:33:19 PM »
I hope this is all part of long term budgeted expenditure and won't appear as an exceptional item that risks the bond covenants.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 02:44:16 PM »
I doubt they'd do anything to needlessly risk the bond covenents.  When's the next accounts released, it'll be a proper official one I believe, and will have required revaluation along with all the covenants to have been met.