Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all!  (Read 3065 times)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning all!
« on: April 28, 2017, 06:00:42 AM »
Seems rather odd to be doing this on a Friday!  Still it's weekend for me (which means just an hour's work in the morning) and with no family dinner scheduled at my father in law, I'm hopeful I'll have no issues watching this one in peace.  Son should be asleep without issue by kickoff, wife will probably be off to the pub, and I get to kick back and watch the game! Lovely.

So, what are we thinking?  Quins will be fired up I guess, but despite all the doom mongering, I don't see why we shouldn't beat them.  It won't be easy, but then none of the upcoming games will be, and this will likely be the easiest of them.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 07:13:48 AM »
Bonkers o'clock to start a thread, but I am up too, to be greeted by a thoroughly miserable South Midlands day. I guess the team will be going down by coach (except those who live down there maybe?), so hopefully they will drive towards better weather. Looks like the BBQ might be off from the forecast  >:( I called by Tesco last night to pick up the beer I had ordered, using up my coupon and special offers to get a barrel load of Budweiser (yes, I know, but I do sort of like it when it is nearly freezing) at just 85p a pint. Thanks Tesco!!

Why CAN'T we say it? OF COURSE we are going to win. It will be exciting to watch. Lots of ups and downs. But WASPS will WIN. Hopefully it will be a thumping, such that even the mighty $orries will sit up and take notice, and all the 'experts' and pundits will finally acknowledge, WASPS are back to the greatness of old. Better, faster, stronger.

I must say, I really don't like Friday matches. It doesn't feel right. When I played, I played pretty much every Saturday and some Wednesdays for my school, and every Sunday for the Leamington Colts. Friday is an alien day for rugby.

And, hopefully not too busy, my nose will be to the grindstone, as their's will for my wife and daughter. No rest for the wicked.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 08:07:16 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. Agree with the comments about this being a little odd on Friday. The dog walk, paper and coffee will have to wait till my lunch break. The other consequence is that I am going to be at an AGM whilst the game is on. I don't have the patience to wait and watch not knowing the result, so I will be rudely finding ways to keep track whilst pretending to be fully engaged with the AGM! (fortunately the new chairman and many others also support Wasps!). At the start of the year I was expecting to be able to go to this game as I usually work from the office in Brentford on Fridays. I went to the Northampton Friday game last year on my way home and it was great, helped of course by the way many of the 'second' players ripped Saints at home apart for the first time in ten years (or something!) think it was when Miller really got going with us?

Anyway, I agree with Nelly, at least I think Wasps 'should' and very probably will win. I hope the players are focused and support our attacks with structure, it seems to have been the counter attack that has worried me most recently.

It also feels a little odd doing the morning all on this board, while many of the others are still on the other, so I have decided to post mine on both.

Here's to a great game, may the best team on the day win,

...but you know, COME ON YOU WASPS!

'Not so'

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 08:25:35 AM »
I'm trying to make sure I post on this board, I want it to stay alive, especially as I imagine next time Drunken Wasps goes offline for any significant period of time, this place will start to come to life.  But I'm still taking part in conversations over there too :D Got to get my fill!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 09:50:14 AM »
Morning All!

You're all right, this is weird, but it's nice to keep up the tradition all the same.  I'm working hard trying to put together a series of Martial Arts seminars around the country and ocassionally snatching a quick look at the forums.  Got a shed load of work to get through before training tonight so I won't be able to watch the game live.  I'll be following on twitter if possible, but even that is going to be tricky.

I think this game will be the barometer for how our season will end.  We have everything we need to beat Quins quite handsomely, and if we do it will set us up for a good run in the play offs.  But we have lost to them too many times recently, and have struggled against teams we should be beating based on current form.  So it could go either way.

That all being said I will disappointed (if not entirely surprised) if we don't come away with 5 points.  We're sitting pretty at the top of the table and are in great form.  We should win this easily.

COME ON YOU WASPS
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 09:59:23 AM »
Morning all. Wear a football Shirt to Work Day today for the Bobby Moore Fund so I'm wearing a Wasps tie. Happy to report that several people have asked "is that a Wasps tie" so the Marketing Dept are doing something right. Will be sat in front of the TV tonight with several bottles of Marstons Old Empire and a bottle of fizz for Dr Wasp. I expect our drinking will be inversely proportional to how the game is going.
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.