Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Final Thread  (Read 7150 times)

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Final Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2020, 10:59:46 PM »
The last time we lost the final I was pretty gutted than I am tonight. Last time round it felt as though it was a bit of a one-off chance to win. This time, with such a young team it feels like the start of something much bigger.

The pundits were banging on at the end about this being the start of an era for Exeter. I think it could have been more accurate to describe it as the possible start of the Wasps and Exeter era. I would not be surprised to see both clubs going toe to toe over the next few years in the pursuit of silverware.  It’s particularly comforting to think that both clubs can be fairly confident that thei squads won’t be picked apart by cheating Estate Agents from north London.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2020, 11:02:28 PM »
I suspect that Exeter are at the pinnacle already, and Wasps have demonstrated how to beat them.

Let us hope we can follow up this strong showing with victory in the next 1-2 years.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2020, 11:02:39 PM »
A full strength Wasps team with a different set of conditions/ref would have been more likely to win, but, to be fair, Chiefs were themselves handicapped by playing the week before and having to climb the mountain again. Had that been their only match these past two weeks they might have been more clinical, they looked exasperated at times by our defence, and I never felt they threatened much.

A match in a vacuum, with equal prep for both teams, would be hard to call, and I would certainly fancy us over them on a nice dry day in summer, and hopefully we will be back and favourites next summer after a glorious season..Here is hoping. The future is bright.