Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Joe Launchbury, Dan Robson, Jacob Umaga and Jack Willis.  (Read 5450 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Launchbury, Dan Robson, Jacob Umaga and Jack Willis.
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2020, 08:06:01 PM »
Thatsva really interesting read,  thanks for posting it!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2020, 09:44:43 PM »
Reckon Barbeary was in line for an apprentice call before COVID. But his time will come

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2020, 10:46:37 PM »
Malins is towering above Furbank in both positions..EJ is a clown
Can't argue with that. Jones seems to want to appear unconventional, but fails for me, it looks forced. It's like post RWC when England had played their best two games in a long time, with a proper backrow - went to 6Ns 2020 and again played a damn SR at 6....even with England having more back rowers spare than any country (at a guess)

Malins is already better than Daly at 15 and plays there like an AB would - as a second 5/8th from 15.

Interesting reads about Jones re time with Oz, Japan and the Reds. He nearly repeated similar narrow thinking in 2018 (5 losses) and was a Danny chip away, from getting a "chat from the boss"

He's probably the best coach to make any 23 to play their best - I just think he doesn't do Director of Rugby.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2020, 12:53:59 AM »
Widely reported and commented that Jones is as a short term, kick up the arse type boss and  not a long term guy. The results seem to agree with that. The question is what can he win for England..?

Right now, since 2017, we have had no trophies, and our worst ever 6n finish. He got the WC right, by and large, but Brian Ashton got little credit for his WC campaign that also finished second.  I think Eddie needs a title this year or next, because the press have knives out for him due to his manner and selections.

I think some of Eddie's selections  have been mystifying, but I will.keep an open mind....

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2020, 02:48:42 PM »
But the RFU love him...i thought he'd be gone on the latest renew. He has the luxury of having access to some amazing players, I'm not sure he has much influence on the results he gets credit for. I don't like anything about him, I can barely listen to him monotone voice without retching.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2020, 03:03:18 PM »
But the RFU love him...i thought he'd be gone on the latest renew. He has the luxury of having access to some amazing players, I'm not sure he has much influence on the results he gets credit for. I don't like anything about him, I can barely listen to him monotone voice without retching.

Well - the credit he did get was for me as much to do with Lancaster's selections (plus Maro - as you would) and then keeping with that team/squad until results went pear shaped in 2018. The results followed form, which had been brill in Aus, the 6Ns  - having got the squad to improve with "new coach syndrome" and then got stale. To the point of three 6Ns losses, looking clueless and only saved by Danny in SA.

This is worth 5 mins https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/108275798/new-book-reveals-how-eddie-jones-loses-assistant-coaches-and-dressing-rooms

It's not like England back room turnover has been rapid at all......